It’s that time of year again. PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE ARTICLE TO UNDERSTAND THE VOTING PROCEDURE THIS YEAR. (yes that means you have to actually read some of my writing first)
As the end of the season approaches, I have been thinking about the All Star articles. Now, most of you who subscribe to my Examiner.com do so not for my fitness motivation or my tips on roller derby, but rather for these yearly articles. Each year I have expanded on how many states are included, and as each state expands their derby list, I’ve had to change up which states get grouped together.
This year is no different.
Let me also say that these All Star articles are, very seriously, a bit of a pain in the ass. That being said, I am super passionate about them, and I when I thought about lessening my commitment to them, I became very sad and decided to expand (and also to get a jump on the voting early).
After the voting has ended, and the votes are tallied I will then write a **** ton of articles featuring the 20 skaters with the most amount of votes from each list. PHOTOGS I AM GOING TO NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS! If I am allowed to use images of yours, please send permission to email@example.com (if you know a photog please pass this request to them).
HERE’S HOW THIS WORKS:
- All votes must be sent to DERBYVOTE@GMAIL.COM with the region in the Subject line
- You can vote for multiple regions with the same e-mail address, but please send separate e-mails (please no Facebook messages this year)
- 5 to 20 names must be submitted for your votes to count (yup. Sick of 30 e-mails with one name and nothing else. If there are less than 5 names in the e-mail the votes will not count. Same with if there are more than 20)
- Names must have a league association attached in order to count
- Names must be what the skater used this season (if the skater used multiple names, please note that) – Too many times I have people send me a real name, but the skater plays under a fake name
- Skater must have played at least one game with an established league in that region in order to be considered for the All Star list (if they transferred between regions, you may vote twice)
- One skater may be denoted as MVP. When you send your list, make sure that you note which skater you would like to get a separate vote as the MVP of the region.
- Any roller derby skater is eligible for nomination. Any rule set, age or gender.
- Feel free to include thoughts or messages as to WHY you are nominating skaters. (Please include your name or skate name and league if applicable)
- Voting is open NOW and ends November 10, 2013 at midnight EST. (Yup, right after WFTDA champs. Happy birthday to me)
REGIONS FOR 2014:
- Mid-Atlantic (Maryland, DC, Delaware)
- New York/New Jersey
- New England South (Massachusetts, Connecticut, Providence, Rhode Island)
- New England North (Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine)
- Eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI)
Check out the gallery for an example of what your e-mail could look like when you send it off: Skater name, full league. Between 5 and 20 skaters who skated in that region. The region you’re voting for in the subject line and being sent to DERBYVOTE@GMAIL.COM.
If you want a refresher on articles from past years, check out some of the articles listed below. And happy voting!
Check out my Pinterest with all of the 2012 Articles Here