Thanks to Superstorm Sandy, the annual Village Halloween Parade was cancelled last year. However, the annual event is scheduled once again for 2013, and, hopefully no hurricanes or Superstorms will set their sights on the city again.
This year the Halloween Parade takes place on Thursday, October 31, 2013 beginning at 7 PM. The parade begins at Spring Street and runs up 6th Avenue to 16th Street. Arriving early to secure a good viewing spot is highly recommended.
Parents are advised that the parade is geared for adults and it is not suitable for young children. Alternative activities and parades for children can be found here: http://mommypoppins.com/ny-kids/15-halloween-parades-for-nyc-kids
- Sixth Avenue (B,D,F,Q trains) to 23rd, 14th or West 4th Street Stations
- Seventh Avenue (1,2,3,9 trains) to 23rd, 18th,
- 14th, Sheridan Square or Houston Street Stations
- Eighth Avenue (A,C,E trains) to West 4th Street, Spring (this station is closest to the Line Up area) or Canal Street Stations
- 14th Street (L) to Sixth Avenue
By PATH Train from NJ
- Take the 33rd Street Train to one of the Sixth Avenue Stations at 9th, 14th or 23rd Streets
Can't make it to the parade? It will be televised on the following stations:
- WPIX Channel 11 from 7:30 - 10:00 PM
- NY1 from 8:00 - 9:30 PM
For more information about the parade visit online at: http://www.halloween-nyc.com/