Wondering if Walmart is open on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2013? Most retail stores including Walmart, Target, grocery stores and liquor stores will be open for business on the annual federal holiday.
With just a few weeks to go before Black Friday, many retailers will have big pre-holidays sales going on all weekend, so shoppers will find stores open regular business hours on November 11.
If you need cash for your shopping expedition, hit the ATM because most banks will be closed on Veterans Day.
There are some exceptions and some banks will be open, so it's best to call your bank if you need to make a deposit or withdrawal.
If you are doing some early holiday shopping and need to mail a package, you'll have to wait until Tuesday to do that. There is no mail delivery on November 11.
Most malls and retail stores will be open normal hours. Grocery stores may run on a holiday or Sunday schedule, so call to make sure what the store hours are before you head out.
Restaurants will be open on Veterans Day with many offering freebies for vets.
Here’s the list of what is open and closed on November 11 in most areas of the nation:
- Retail Stores, Malls and Liquor Stores: Most stores are open normal business hours.
- Grocery stores: Most supermarkets will be open on Monday. Call ahead for holiday hours.
- Restaurants: Open
- Banks: Most banks are closed, but if you are a TD Bank customer, they are open on most federal holidays.
- Mail delivery: There is no mail delivery and all USPS locations are closed.
- Federal, State and Municipal offices: Closed
- Schools - Closed
- Libraries – Closed
- Stock market - Open