Wondering if the post office is open or closed Martin Luther King Day, January 21, 2013? Is there mail delivery on Washington’s Birthday (President's Day), Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day?
The list of ten (10) 2013 Post Office holidays was stated and released on the USPS.com website that all American residents and employees will need to know in order to conduct business as a postal customer.
The mail may not be delivered New Year's Day, January 1, but according to White House.gov on Monday, December 31, President Barack Obama is working New Year's Day!
No Mail Delivery in R.I. on Postal Holidays
There is no regular postal service on January 1. Because New Year's Day is also a federal holiday, and post office holiday, all post offices, government offices, and public schools in the Providence, Rhode Island area are closed January 1 as well. See the article New Year's Day 2013 USPS post office holiday: Mail delivery New Year's Eve 12/31 for more details.
Wondering if banks are open on New Year's Day? Read the article 2013 Bank Holiday New Year's Day: Banks open New Year's Eve, Dec. 31, Jan. 1? for more information on Rhode Island local bank closures.
According to USPS.com, the United States Postal Service is closed, and there is no mail delivery on the following post office and federal holidays. This includes not only mail delivery to your Rhode Island residence or business, but also local post office lobby hours as well. Rhode Islanders will have to wait until the next business day to conduct postal business when Providence area post offices reopen again.
2013 Post Office Holidays: No Mail Delivery on Postal Holidays
- Tuesday, January 1 - New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 21 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday
- Monday, February 18 - Washington’s Birthday (Presidents' Day)
- Monday, May 27 - Memorial Day
- Thursday, 4th of July - Independence Day
- Monday, September 2 - Labor Day
- Monday, October 14 - Columbus Day
- Monday, November 11 - Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 28 - Thanksgiving Day
- Wednesday, December 25 - Christmas Day
- Wednesday, January 1, 2014 - New Year's Day
Photo Credit: 2013 USPS Post Office Holidays, No Mail Delivery on Postal Holidays: US Postage Stamp, Washington Franklin 1917 issue image, Wikimedia Commons, Public Domain