The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Fort Worth has announced its “Friday Freebies” schedule for the rest of 2013. The National Archives at Fort Worth hosts free genealogical workshops the first Friday of the month from 12 noon-1 p.m. at Montgomery Plaza, 2600 W. Seventh Street, Suite 162, Fort Worth, Texas 76107.
The remaining workshops are:
- April 5: “A New Twist on Fort Smith,” by NARA volunteer Stephanie Stegman, Ph.D.
- May 3: “Naturalization Made Easy (or slightly easier),” by Archives Director Meg Hacker
- June 7: “Where did He Go?” by Sandra Crowley, guest speaker
- Aug. 2: “NARA at Your Fingertips,” by Archivist Michael Wright
- Sept. 6: “Introduction to Genealogy,” by Archives Technician Aaron Holt
- Oct. 4: “Highlights of the National Archives at Fort Worth,” by Education Specialist Jenny Sweeney
- Nov. 1: “Online Records Relating to Native Americans – at Your Fingertips,” by Archives Director Meg Hacker
- Dec. 6: “Pearl Harbor in Your Back Yard,” by Education Specialist Jenny Sweeney
To receive email alerts when a new article is posted, click on the “Subscribe” button next to my photo and bio, located at the bottom of this page or at the top of my main articles page. Follow me on Twitter: @ancestrysleuth to get other genealogy news. I am also the National Hobbies Examiner and write about people and their favorite hobbies. Follow me @funhobby for more hobby news. Other links of interest: