SF Open Studios is the oldest and largest open studios program in the country, featuring an annual, month-long art event in October that showcases over 900 emerging and established San Francisco artists in their studios.
Each weekend, art patrons, admirers, and collectors venture out on self-guided tours to see as many SF Open Studios artists and their artworks as possible, in the hopes of finding their next true art love. The event connects collectors with artists for engaging dialogue and a glimpse into the life of the working artist; SF Open Studios simultaneously helps artists build their mailing lists, gain new admirers, and ultimately sustain a living making art.
SF Open Studios Exhibition:
• What: The SF Open Studios Exhibition showcases over 400 artworks by SF Open Studios artists.
• Where: SOMArts Cultural Center, 934 Brannan Street, SF
• Exhibition Dates: Friday, October 11 through Sunday, November 10
• Gallery Hours: Tuesday-Friday, noon-7 p.m. / Saturday, 11a.m.-5 p.m. / Sunday, 11a.m. -3 p.m.
• Admission: Free and open to the public.
ArtLaunch SF Open Studios Exhibition Opening Reception:
• Join ArtSpan at ArtLaunch, the opening reception for the SF Open Studios Exhibition, on Thursday, October 10 from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. Ticket and raffle sales help support ArtSpan's Art for City Youth program.
Weekend 1: October 19 & 20:
Fort Mason, Marina, Pacific Heights, Russian Hill, North Beach, Hayes Valley, Haight, Buena Vista, Sunset, Richmond. Preview artists for Weekend 1. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
RSVP on Facebook