Week 4 of the 2013 NFL online and TV schedule kicks off tonight when the San Francisco 49ers take on the St. Louis Rams on Thursday Night Football. When the season schedules came out, this match-up looked like it had the potential to decide this year's NFC West division winner. Hey don't laugh, for some reason the Rams play the 49ers tough.
Although it is still early in the season, both the Niners and Rams are on two game losing streaks and sitting at 1-2 on the season. However their records are not the issue for these teams quite yet. It's there lack of or non-existent offense over the past two games that should have their fans a bit concerned.
According to a Sportsline report on Sept 25. after last week's games, it’s becoming more and more apparent that parity is king in the NFL, so don't be surprised if the Rams squeak out another win vs. the Niners tonight.
Sure there are still several undefeated teams left in the NFL, but what is more shocking than the Chiefs and Dolphins at 3-0 is the Giants, Redskins, Vikings and Steelers at 0-3
Once again, word of the day - parity.
These games are getting more difficult to predict by the week, but hopefully by Halloween the real cream of the crop will start to rise to the top. Denver and Seattle look to be the reals deal, but it's the Patriots, Dolphins, Chiefs and even to a degree the Saints that will be interesting to watch over the next the month.
As for the weekly picks, last week was finally a good one. The picks finished 3-1 for the weekly's and 3-2 over all with the Skins losing to the Lions.
Here is a look at this week's schedule, Vegas odds and weekly picks.
• 9/26 8:25 ET San Francisco (-3) St. Louis Over/Under 42
• 9/29 1:00 ET Pittsburgh (-2.5) Minnesota (At London) Over/Under 42
• 9/29 1:00 ET Baltimore (-3.5) Buffalo Over/Under 44
• 9/29 1:00 ET Cincinnati (-4.5) Cleveland Over/Under 42
• 9/29 1:00 ET Indianapolis (-8) Jacksonville Over/Under 42.5
• 9/29 1:00 ET Seattle (-3) Houston Over/Under 42
• 9/29 1:00 ET Tampa Bay (-2.5) Arizona Over/Under 40.5
• 9/29 1:00 ET Detroit (-3) Chicago Over/Under 48
• 9/29 1:00 ET Kansas City (-4.5) NY Giants Over/Under 44
• 9/29 4:05 ET Tennessee (-3) NY Jets Over/Under 39
• 9/29 4:25 ET Dallas (-2) San Diego Over/Under 46.5
• 9/29 4:25 ET Washington (-3) Oakland Over/Under 44
• 9/29 4:25 ET Denver (-10.5) Philadelphia Over/Under 57.5
• 9/29 8:30 ET Atlanta (-2) New England Over/Under 49.5
Monday Night Football
- 9/30 8:40 ET New Orleans (-6.5) Miami Over/Under 48
- Last Week 3-2
- Year to date 10-10
Week 4 picks: Atlanta -2, Tennessee -3, Indy -8, San Diego +2