The NFL action on Sunday, Sept. 15, 2013, was enough to make any fan scream for joy due to the massive blowout their team just delivered. Quite possibly though, it was the other way around and fans were dealing with high blood pressure thanks to the insane amount of close games that happened on Sunday in week two of the 2013 NFL season.
In Chicago, Jay Cutler was able to throw a 16-yard bullet of a touchdown pass to Martellus Bennett with just 10 seconds left in the game. This just so happened to give the Bears a 31-30 victory over the Minnesota Vikings who had started things off so well with a 105-yard touchdown return on the opening kickoff.
Down in Tampa, the Buccaneers were able to overcome numerous mistakes and costly penalties to take a 14-13 lead on the New Orleans Saints. But late in the game, the Bucs gave Drew Brees too much time (less than two minutes) and he drove the Saints on a drive for a game winning field goal to make it 16-14.
The San Diego Chargers got a last-minute field goal to beat the Philadelphia Eagles by three. The Kansas City Chiefs held off the Dallas Cowboys to win by one. The Buffalo Bills got a late touchdown to slip past the Carolina Panthers 24-23.
It was a Sunday of football that won't soon be forgotten and below are the full results for Sunday, Sept. 15, 2013:
- Atlanta Falcons 31 - St. Louis Rams 24
- Buffalo Bills 24 - Carolina Panthers 23
- Chicago Bears 31 - Minnesota Vikings 30
- Green Bay Packers 38 - Washington Redskins 20
- Miami Dolphins 24 - Indianapolis Colts 20
- Kansas City Chiefs 17 - Dallas Cowboys 16
- San Diego Chargers 33 - Philadelphia Eagles 30
- Baltimore Ravens 14 - Cleveland Browns 6
- Houston Texans 30 - Tennessee Titans 24 (OT)
- Arizona Cardinals 25 - Detroit Lions 21
- New Orleans Saints 16 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14
- Oakland Raiders 19 - Jacksonville Jaguars 9
- Denver Broncos 41 - New York Giants 23
- Seattle Seahawks 29 - San Francisco 49ers 3