With Super Bowl XLVII right around the corner, every team in the NFL (except the 49ers and Ravens) is already thinking spring, training camp and the 2013 NFL draft.
With the seemingly endless mock drafts floating around the internet, it can sometimes be overwhelming deciding which teams to focus on, but as we watch the NFL playoffs unfold, you begin to see which playoff teams even need help.
Surprisingly, the Patriots (without Gronk) seemed to look lost.
Wes Welker had key drops in the AFC Championship game vs. the Ravens, and the team that rolled over the Texans in the divisional round all of the sudden looked slow and old.
Is it time for a few new wide outs in New England? It may be.
Many mock drafts have OT Luke Joeckel from Texas A&M going number 1 overall to the Chiefs, and why not! This kid is a beast and should make any offensive line in the NFL better.
The hometown Detroit Lions need to think defense in this year's draft, and lots of it.
It's not possible to get all three of these players, but it would be great to see Detroit take either Jarvis Jones, a linebacker from Georgia, Bjoern Werner DE from Florida St., or Dee Milliner CB from Alabama.
This team needs linebackers and defensive backs in the worst way right now.
According to a Jan. 21 Detroit News article, Lions head coach Jim Schwartz and his staff coaching the South team in this year's Senior Bowl.
Hopefully getting a front row seat on this year's up and coming talent will give Schwartz and the Lions an edge.
After watching yesterday's championship games, it seems like the Lions are light years away from reaching the Super Bowl, but if they can somehow get two or three studs on the defensive side of the ball maybe they can turn this thing around.
Here is a look at my NFL mock draft for first round, and yes I still think Manti Te’o will go in the first round and Tyler Wilson will be the surprise number one pick of the Chiefs. Wilson could have been a Heisman candidate and the Razorbacks had high hope coming into the 2012 season, that is until their coach Bobby Petrino crashed his motorcycle with his much younger mistress on the back of it.
My bold prediction is that if Wilson impresses at the NFL combine, he will flirt with the No. 1 overall pick, as the Chiefs need a QB desperately!
I am no GM, but here it is:
1. Chiefs – Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
2. Jags - Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
3. Oakland - Jarvis Jones LB Georgia
4. Philly - Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
5. Detroit - Dee Milliner CB Alabama
6. Cleveland - Bjoern Werner DE Florida St.
7. Arizona – Geno Smith QB West Virginia
8. Buffalo – Matt Barkley QB USC
9. Jets - Sam Montgomery DE LSU
10. Titans - Chance Warmack OG Alabama
11. Chargers - Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
12. Miami – Keenan Allen WR California
13. Tampa Bay – Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.
14. Carolina - Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
15. Saints - Barkevious Mingo DE LSU
16. Rams - D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
17. Steelers - Matt Elam S Florida
18. Cowboys - Star Lotulelei DT Utah
19. Giants - Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
20. Bears - Dion Jordan OLB Oregon
21. Bengals - Manti Te’o ILB Notre Dame
22. Rams - Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas
23. Vikings - Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
24. Colts - Jesse Williams DT Alabama
25. Seahawks - Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
26. Packers - Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
27. Texans - Kevin Minter LB LSU
28. Broncos - Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
29. Patriots - Robert Woods WR USC
30. Falcons - Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio St.
31. Super Bowl runner-up
32. Super Bowl Champion
Since numbers 31 and 32 aren’t decided yet, they were left blank.