The Great New York State Fair wraps up the late summer fair schedule with a 12-day run at the State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, Thursday, August 22nd through Monday, September 2nd. Each year, the Fair beings new things to its visitors – here are a few of this year’s highlights.
· Progress Along the Lake – an interactive exhibit in the Center of Progress Building highlighting the “rebirth” of Onondaga Lake.
· Learn to Pair Wines and Cheeses – some of the state’s top wineries will offer seminars throughout the run of the Fair in the Pride of NY Room in the Horticulture Building. There is also a beer-tasting seminar on Labor Day.
· Extreme Log Makeover – see a skilled craftswoman armed with only a chainsaw create works of art out of raw wood.
· Mutts Gone Nuts – a fun show featuring talented pooches performing amazing tricks.
· Movie Night at the Fair – there’s a big inflatable movie screen that will be showing a cool movie on Monday, August 26th at 8 p.m. at the Midway Music Series stage – the movie is free to all fairgoers.
Learn more about what’s going on at the New York State Fair at www.nysfair.org.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com