The 8th Annual Short Cuts Festival is a diversity initiative that presents writing, directing, and acting talent across all genres to decision-makers at NBCUniversal, as well as top agents, producers, and other entertainment industry leaders. Founded by writer/comedian Wil Sylvince in 2006, the Festival includes a dynamic panel discussion, and a two-day showcase of all semi-finalist short films. The 2013 panel discussed "Breaking Into the Industry," and the showcases were hosted by comedians Sherrod Small on 8/20, and Hannibal Buress on 8/21. Festival attendees also enjoyed meet and greets, red carpet photos, and complimentary snacks, DVDs, and drinks. All events took place in the School of Visual Arts Theatre at 333 W. 23rd St.
Winners of the Short Cuts Festival will be announced October 2013 in Los Angeles and receive potentially career-changing prizes:
- Panavision Camera Package
- Finalist slot in NBCU Director Fellowship Program
- NBC Talent Holding Deal
- Pitch Meeting with NBCUniversal
- A Semi-Finalist position in Universal Pictures Emerging Writers Program AND/OR
- A Semi-Finalist position in NBC's Writers on the Verge.
Check out the 15 semi-finalist short films that made the cut. Who do you hope will win?