The 2013 Holiday Season is here, and that means there will be some great dancing to enjoy! Check out these Orlando Holiday Season special dance events and make your plans for an exciting night out on the town for some holiday dancing! (Click on links to find out more about each individual event.)
1. Orlando Chapter of USA Dance "HOLIDAY BALL" (The Magic of Christmas) Friday, December 20. Bring an unwrapped toy donation for non-profit organization, "Kids Fighting Cancer." There will be a free dance lesson at 7:30 PM with Mark Arnott and a special visit during intermission from Santa and his elves & Tamila and Zhenya Vitko who will bring the "Magic of Christmas" to the dance floor! General ballroom dancing between 8:00 - 11:00 pm at the Bahia Shrine Ballroom located at 2300 Pembrook Drive, Orlando, Florida just off Maitland Blvd., west of I-4 Exit. The attire is formal (at least a jacket & tie suggested for men) and the admission fee: $6 for members & students, $10 non-members. For Additional Information: 407/614-3472
2. Downtown Dance Studio's Annual Holiday Ball - December 14 - Come celebrate the season with dance, food, and fellowship! Great dance routines to debut as well as our first ever singing performance by LaDonna and professional singer, Michael John Foster. Ballroom mix in the Platinum room, Salsa, Bachata, Merengue in the Gold room. Free Salsa lesson at 7:30, open dancing from 8 to 11. Admission is $10. Bring a snack to share if you wish. Down Dance Studio is located at 309 Washington Ave, Titusville FL. Dress to Impress!
3. Mark Arnott's "Venetian Ballroom Christmas Party" - Sunday, December 15. $12 cover for all day, this is the last Venetian Ballroom Dance for 2013. Dancing from 5 to 8pm (great music from Mark Arnott, fun, $50 shoes drawing to be given away, FREE East Coast Swing DVD of 6 great social moves, small professional show) & a Spotlight Showcase Spectacular from 1 to 5pm (watch over 25 great student routines, lots of social dancing, cheer on your friends, buffet with nice appetizers, a second gift certificate for $50 shoes given away at 3pm). Come for just the evening or day or both. Appetizers during day included and all who come enter to win (2) chances to win $50 shoe certificates at Salsa Heats Boutique! Salsa Heat Dance Studio is located at 10685 E. Colonial Dr. Orlando FL. Contact Mark Arnott @ 407-346-4790 or write to Ballroomdancing101@hotmail.com
4. Salsa Heat Christmas Social of the Year - December 21 - The Salsa Heat Christmas Party "congress style" night is a semi formal to dressy casual event followed by social dancing until 4:00am with some of the best dancers in the state. This elegant event will be held at the beautiful Hilton Orlando on International Dr. (same hotel as the Orlando Salsa Congress). DJ Chino Latino & DJ Koki will be delivering the best of his best in Salsa, Bachata and more. WORKSHOP – Interm. Salsa Pattern LA Styling w/ Al “Liquid Silver” Espinoza. $25 includes workshop and social. SHOWS – shows will start promptly at 10:30pm. PARTY goes till 4:00am. Cover charge: $20 after 10pm without workshop; $25 with workshop at 9pm.
5. Tony's Holiday Ballroom Dancing - December 28 - Probably the best-known-secret in Orlando, Tony Santos and his wife Purita have been doing this dance every December for the public, and it keeps growing in popularity each year. Formal setting and dress code (most of the guys will be in tuxedoes or dark suits) at the Rosen Center Hotel located at 9840 International Drive, FL, and includes an elegant dinner and dessert served at your table! Tony has an excellent list of ballroom dance music and they usually start the event by having a guest sing the national anthem! Reservations required, $65 per person, call 407-973-0791 to get your tickets.
6. Salsa Heat Social Pre- New Years Eve Bash - Saturday, December 28th - Sunday, December 29th - CHA CHA Workshop at 9 pm, dancing from 10:00pm to 3:00am. Cover $15 w/ class. Only $10 after 10:00pm. Salsa Heat Dance Studio, 10685 E. Colonial Dr. Orlando FL. Beer and wine available at a cash bar.
7. FloorPlay's 14th Annual New Year's Eve Swing Vacation and Casino Cruise - This event is for West Coast Swing dancers, and is always a top-notch New Year's Eve event in Orlando. The 2013 event will be held between December 27 and Dec. 31, 2013 at the Beautiful Rosen Plaza Hotel, located at 9700 International Dr., Orlando, Fl. Click on the link to read more.
8. Crystal Ballroom New Year's Eve Party - Hosted by DJ Mark Arnott, the Crystal Ballroom New Year's Eve dance/party never fails to deliver the perfect celebration for ballroom dancers. Professionally decorated, dancing in two different ballrooms, plenty of hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine bar, and a midnight champagne toast. Watch the NYC New Year's Eve ball-drop on big screen television and participate in the "Wish Lantern" ceremony. $40 per person, $70 per couple. Call 407-681-2710 for reservations.