The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) says it is recalling food products from Reser’s Fine Foods, a Topeka, Kan. company suspected of having about 22,800 pounds of chicken, ham and beef products possibly contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The food recall is a voluntary recall from the Reser's Fine Foods, Inc.
It was announced on Oct. 22, that these products have been recalled in connection with other foods regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). A full list of the foods can be found on the FDA website and show the establishment number as follows "EST. 13520" or "P013520" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
- UPC Code: 22486 15887 Cobble Street Market Chicken Salad 5 lb pack
- UPC Code: 58108 30149 Cross Valley Farms Chicken Salad 5 lb pack
- UPC Code: 58108 30166 Cross Valley Farms Ham Salad 5 lb pack
- UPC Code: 71117 11392 Reser’s Fine Foods White Meat Chicken Salad with Cranberries & Pecans
- UPC Code: 71117 11400 Reser’s Fine Foods Chicken Salad
- UPC Code: 71117 11402 Reser’s Fine Foods Ham Salad
- UPC Code: 71117 14139 Reser’s Fine Foods Ham Salad Supreme
- UPC Code: 71117 14179 Millers Bar-B-Que Beans with Beef 3 lb pack
- UPC Code: 71117 19008 Reser’s Fine Foods White Meat Chicken Salad 12 oz. pack
- UPC Code: 71117 68007 Classic Chicken Salad 5 lb pack
- UPC Code: 77509 63308 Chef Solutions Cranberry Pecan White Meat Chicken Salad 12 oz pack
- UPC Code: 71117 61502 Stonemill Kitchens Loaded Potato Salad with Bacon 3 lb pack
Official media release:
"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - October 22, 2013 - Reser’s Fine Foods of Beaverton, Oregon is recalling approximately 109,000 cases of refrigerated ready-to-eat products because it may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria is an organism which can cause serious and sometime fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and individuals with weakened immune systems. Healthy people may suffer only short term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant woman."
No illnesses have been reported to date and only the Topeka, KS salad manufacturing facility are on recall. No other Reser's Fine Foods, Inc manufacturing locations are involved in this government food recall.
Listeria video explains what can happen when you eat food contaminated with Listeria. It is not contagious and can be treated with antibiotics once diagnosed.
Consumers who purchased the product may take it back to the store for a refund or discard it. For more information please contact Reser’s Fine Foods Consumer Hotline 1-888-257-7913 (8am-8pm EST) or visit the FDA website: www.fda.gov.
President Mark Reser issues statement on voluntary food recall.