The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival kicks off spring season at Walt Disney World with a showcase of topiaries, gardens and landscaping. Adding to the fun of the festival is the event’s Flower Power Concert series.
Flower Power Concerts offer brief musical concerts, free with Epcot admission. The concerts cover a variety of musical genres, including pop, rock and soul.
Many Flower Power artists appear on the lineup year after year, building up a following of Disney guests who attend the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. But the 2013 lineup does offer two new acts: Village People and Tommy Roe.
Flower Power performances take place in the America Gardens Theatre, at the American Adventure pavilion at World Showcase. Concerts are held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the run of the festival, with artists taking to the stage three times each night: 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Flower Power Concert schedule for 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
- March 8-10: Micky Dolenz (“Last Train to Clarksville”)
- March 15-17: Chubby Checker & The Wildcats (“The Twist”)
- March 22-24: The Guess Who (“American Woman,” “These Eyes”)
- March 29-31: Nelson, Ricky Nelson Remembered (“Garden Party")
- April 5-7: The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie (“Happy Together”)
- April 12-14: Paul Revere & The Raiders (“Good Thing,” “Kicks”)
- April 19-21: Village People (new, “Y.M.C.A.”)
- April 26-28: The Orchestra featuring former members of ELO and ELO II (“Don’t Bring Me Down,” “Can’t Get It Out of My Head”)
- May 3-4: Tommy Roe (new, “DIZZY”)
- May 10-12: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone (“I’m Henry VIII, I Am,” “I’m Into Something Good”)
- March 17-19: Starship starring Mickey Thomas (“We Built This City,” “Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now”)
Note: Schedules and entertainment are subject to change. Representative songs are provided for artist recognition only and may not be performed.
For more information about the 20th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, call 407/W-DISNEY (934-7639) or visit http://www.EpcotinSpring.com. The festival, including all gardening programs and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission. This year’s festival runs from March 6 through May 19.