The 65th Annual Emmy Awards hosted by Neil Patrick Harris aired Sunday evening on CBS. The 2013 Emmys were full of the usual emotional tributes, farewell memorials, fanfare and comedy, however this year also included Emmy nominated choreography and the performances from the favorite reality programs that created dancing stars.
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Merritt Wever for “Nurse Jackie”
- Best Writing in a Comedy Series: Tina Fey and Tracie Wigfield for “30 Rock: Last Lunch”
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Tony Hale for Veep
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Julia Louis Dreyfus for Veep
- Outstanding Guest Actor and Actress in a Comedy: Bob Newhart for “The Big Bang Theory” and Melissa Leo for “Louie”
- Outstanding Director for a Comedy Series Gail Mancuso for “Modern Family” and the second time a woman has won in this category
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Jim Parsons “The Big Bang Theory”
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie: Laura Linney the “Big C: Hereafter”
- Outstanding Writer for a Drama Series: Henry Bromell “Homeland: “Q&A”
- Outstanding Supporting Actress Drama Series: Anna Gunn for “Breaking Bad”
- Outstanding Reality Competition Program: “The Voice”
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Bobby Cannavale for “Boardwalk Empire”
- Outstanding Lead Actor in Drama Series: Jeff Daniels for “The Newsroom”
- Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Claire Danes for “Homeland”
- Outstanding Guest Actor and Actress in a Drama Series: Dan Bucatinsky for “Scandal” and Carrie Preston for “The Good Wife”
- Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series: David Fincher for “House of Cards: Chapter One”
- Outstanding Writing Variety Series: Team from “The Colbert Report”
- Directing in a Variety Series: Don Roy Kin: “Saturday Night Live” with Host Justin Timberlake
- Outstanding Choreography: Derek Hough for “Dancing With the Stars”
- Outstanding Variety Series: “The Colbert Report”
- Outstanding Writing in a Miniseries or Movie: Abby Morgan for “The Hour”
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Move: James Cromwell for “American Horror Story: Asylum”
- Best Directing in a Miniseries or Movie: Steven Soderbergh for “Behind the Candelabra”
- Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie: Ellen Burstyn for “Political Animals”
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie: Michael Douglas “Behind the Candelabra”
- Outstanding Miniseries or Movie: “Behind the Candelabra”
- Outstanding Comedy Series: “Modern Family”
- Outstanding Drama Series: “Breaking Bad”
The 2013 Emmys also included an Elton John performance of “Home Again” written in honor of Liberace, tributes to "Glee's" Cory Monteith, the treasured Jean Stapleton, and the unforgettable James Gandolfini and Carrie Underwood paid homage to the 1960’s.
To see the full list of all of the 2013 Emmy nominees and winners, visit Emmys.com.
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com. For more Reality Television content similar to above, click subscribe to receive instant free updates or follow Deirdre on Twitter and like her Facebook page.