Enjoy the Holidays this year in a different country, without having to take the long flight over seas. Guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resorts in December will be treated to Holidays Around the World throughout Epcot’s World Showcase. Story tellers will be roaming through the different countries talking about Holiday traditions of their country. Holiday Storytellers will be available daily at various times (check park guide) through December 30, 2013.
Here is a list of the different Holiday Storytellers available this year throughout the World Showcase. Check the park guide for specific times and more details.
- Mexico: Los Tres Reyes Magos, the Three Kings, share their journey to Posada.
- Norway: Sigrid talks about the mischievous Christmas Gnome, Julenissen.
- China: The Monkey King will weave his tall tale to celebrate the Chinese New Year!
- Germany: Helga tells the story of the first Christmas tree and her first Nutcracker
- Italy: The good Christmas witch, La Befana, as she talks about the Epiphany and her first Christmas.
- American Adventure - Christmas: Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
- American Adventure - Kwanzaa: Celebrate family, creativity and community.
- American Adventure - Hanukkah: Discover how today’s story of Hanukkah brings traditions from the past and the story of the brave Maccabees and the lamp that burned for eight days.
- Japan: Listen to the story of the Daruma doll and Japanese customs of the New Year!
- France: Pere Noel shares a letter from a little girl and recreates the magic of Christmas through her eyes.
- Morocco: Celebrate customs of Ramadan and Ashura as you drum with Taarji.
- United Kingdom: Jolly Father Christmas shares stories of how he makes Christmas traditions of the past fun and exciting today.
- Canada: Visit with Nowell, a Canadian Lumberjack, and learn about his journey to find Santa.
Enjoy the Holiday season with a little magic from the Walt Disney World Resorts.
To keep up on the latest Disney and other travel ideas, tips, reviews and news “like” my Facebook page - WDW Travel Examiner - or follow me on twitter @WDWTravelExam. You can also “Subscribe” to my Examiner.com page by clicking the button near the top of the page.