As the year approaches its end here’s a look back at some of the moments that made you squeal with delight in 2012.
5. “The Vampire Diaries,” “My Brother’s Keeper:” Shippers of Damon and Elena squealed with delight when Elena broke up with Stefan to be with Damon. The twosome quickly started a relationship in the very next episode. The pairing was short lived when it was revealed that Elena was sired to Damon and he had no way of knowing if her feelings were real. He sent her packing soon after in an effort to break the sire bond, angering many fans.
4. “The Good Wife,” “A Defense of Marriage:” Alicia’s overbearing mother came to town for a visit and in an effort to escape from her; she pulled Peter into the bathroom for a quickie. It was an unexpected twist in their troubled relationship and exciting to see Alicia take control.
3. London Summer Olympics: The women of the U.S. Olympic team outperformed the men and won more medals in 2012 than in past years. From swimming to gymnastics and everything in between the women were on fire taking home a record 29 gold medals, making Aly Raisman, Gabby Douglas and Missy Franklin household names in the process.
2. “Hart of Dixie,” “Blue Christmas:” In the beginning of the mid-season finale Wade and Zoe were on the outs after a failed first date. Zoe finally came to her senses and realized that she missed Wade and asked him to be her public boyfriend. He accepted with a huge hug and kiss and his patented Wade smile. The shot of his Charlie Brown Christmas tree made him even more endearing and was the perfect ending to a great episode.
1. “How I met Your Mother,” “The Final Page, Part Two:” Viewers knew by the end of last season that Robin and Barney were the couple getting married. The lead up to and subsequent engagement was positively squeal worthy. Barney decided he wanted to be with Robin and pretended to date her frenemy, Patrice, to make her jealous. In his final play he lured Robin to the rooftop of the World Wide News building making her believe he was proposing to Patrice. Determined to stop him from getting engaged to Patrice, Robin discovered the proposal was actually for her. The moment, to quote Barney, was “legen- wait for it - dary.”