Nantucket is one of the most sought after vacation destinations! It is known for its history, former whaling industry, beaches, fresh air, summer breezes, architectural wonder, biking, entertainment and many more. There are special events every Season which draws large crowds.
The Spring and Fall Restaurant week features select restaurants with menu courses from $25-45 per person. This is a treat for anyone looking to fine dine on a budget.
The Nantucket Film Festival is always a hit. The Screenwriters tribute is hosted by Brian Williams and it goes to Barry Levinson. An All-Star comedy roundtable presented by Ben Stiller with Zach Galifianakis, Sarah Silverman, Late night storytelling hosted by Anne Meara and Jonathan Ames, Morning coffee with screenwriters, directors, key producers in the film industry.
Independence Day is celebrated in Nantucket. Fun activities such as face painting, sand painting, dunk tank, watermelon and pie eating contests, kids/pets parades, pet parade, and many more more! The famous Main Street waterfight takes place at high noon and completing the daywith fireworks at Jetties Beach.
The Comedy Festival is hosted by Kevin Flynn. Have a great time with some of the best comedians.
Sandcastle & Sculpture Day is a contest which takes place at Jetties Beach. Dozens of sand sculptures compete. A must see!
The Boston Pops concert takes place at Jetties Beach and it draws crowds of a couple thousands. Bring a picnic and enjoy a great show! 2009 guest was Katie Couric, 2008 guest was Natalie Cole. Fireworks afterwards!
Cranberry Festival takes place at the Milestone Cranberry Bogs. You can see the actual harvesting of the cranberries in progress. Hay rides and tours of the bogs available. Samples of cranberry made products and refreshments will be served under a tent. There is a fee usually for this event.
Chowder Festival competition for the best chowder on Nantucket takes place. Sample from the best of the best!
Christmas Stroll is full of festivities, singing, and more.
Dates for special events on Nantucket in the Summer and Winter 2010:
- Daffodil Festival Weekend 2010; April 23-25; 508-228-1700
- Nantucket Wine Festival 2010; May 19-23; nantucketwinefestival.com; 508-228-1128
- Nantucket Spring Restaurant Week 2010; June 7-13; nantucketrestaurantweek.com; 508-228-1700
- Nantucket Film Festival 2010; June 17-20; nantucketfilmfestival.org; 508-325-6274
- Independence Day 2010; July 4;
- Shakespeare Festival 2010; July 11-18; nantucketartscouncil.org; 508-325-8588
- Nantucket Atheneum Dance Festival 2010; July 26 - 31; nantucketatheneum.org; 508.228.1110
- Nantucket Comedy Festival 2010; July 27-31; nantucketcomedyfestival.com; 888-555-1212
- Boston Pops on Nantucket 2010; August 14; nantucketcottagehospital.org; 508-825-8100
- Sandcastle & Sculpture Day 2010; August 21; nantucketchamber.org; 508-228-1700
- Nantucket Cranberry Festival 2010; October 9; nantucketchamber.org; 508-228-1700
- Nantucket Fall Restaurant Week 2010; September 27-October 3; nantucketrestaurantweek.com; 508-228-1700
- Nantucket Chowder Festival 2010; October 16, nantucketchamber.org; 508-228-1700
- Christmas Stroll 2010; December 3 - 5; nantucketchamber.org; 508-228-1700
Thinking about traveling to Nantucket this summer? Please see How to Find Travel Information for Nantucket