Need a job-search resource at the tap of your touch screen? To quote a well-known Apple ad campaign: “Yep, there’s an app for that.”
2000 Hours – the amount of time the gainfully employed spend at work each year (if working a 40-hour week) – contains excellent advice from a man who has helped 12,000 people find jobs throughout his career. Lazar’s short articles consist of such topics as*:
- A résumé’s key components
- Interview tips
- The benefit of using recruiters
- The importance of follow-up
- The importance of having a targeted list of companies
- The importance of networking
- Using social media in the job search
Spending less than $2 on an important job-search tool is a reasonable investment. After all, even though looking for a job is a full-time job, you don’t want to spend 2000 hours looking for your next opportunity. For more information, visit www.2000Hours.org.
*Linked articles are on similar topics written by the author of this column. To see Lazar’s condensed, easy-to-read articles from his app, download the 2000Hours iPhone app.