Smart ideas for Santa-on-the-spot gift-giving
Christmas comes faster than most of us realize. OK, maybe December creeps along slower than eager children may desire, as they open the daily doors on their Advent calendars. But for grownups with holiday gift recipient lists, the month seems to zip by all too quickly.
If you haven’t finished your holiday shopping or crafting, or if you have run out of time before you have reached the end of Santa’s “Nice List,” you might consider these last-minute gift ideas. Most of these items are suitable for just about anyone.
20 super last-minute holiday gifts for almost anyone.
- Baked goods – homemade or store-bought
- Bath products – bath salts, body washes, brushes, bubble baths, loofahs, or soaps
- Books – especially holiday books, gift books, or current bestsellers
- Candles – scented jar candles, pillars, tapers, tea lights, or votives
- Candy – chocolates, giant candy canes, mints, or truffles
- Gift cards – for music downloads, movies, popular stores, restaurants, or websites.
- Gift wrapping supplies – brand-new gift bags, wrapping paper, ribbons and bows
- Gourmet foods – jams, nuts, olive oils, pepper sauces, sundae toppings
- Holiday decorations – candle holders, place mats, tablecloths, tree toppers, wreaths
- Holiday music – CD compilations
- Houseplants – live or silk
- Mittens – fuzzy mitts or leather gloves
- Ornaments – handcrafted or purchased collectibles
- Party goods – holiday-themed paper cups, plates, napkins
- Picture frames – various sizes with or without snapshots
- Plush pets – child-friendly stuffed animal toys
- Pot pourri – favorite scents
- Scarves – silk or warm and woolly
- Socks – fun prints or winter-worthy
- Writing papers – casual note cards or formal stationary
Plenty of holiday celebrants and party hosts keep secret supplies of these sorts of gifts on-hand, just in case they need last-minute presents to offer to unexpected drop-ins or to reciprocate to gift-givers they has not anticipated. That way, they can toss choice items in pretty gift bags and be Santas-on-the-spot with last-minute gifts that don’t appear to be last-minute at all.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.