In a weak economy, many people have had to tighten their belts, purse-strings and pocketbooks in order to get by. But with Mother’s Day just days away, you don’t need to spend an arm-and-a-leg to show that special lady in your life just how much you care and appreciate her.
This Mother’s Day, treat mom to something extra special without spending a fortune. Whether you want to surprise her with a few sweet treats to eat or a small token of appreciation, check out the following freebies, events and special deals for your super-special mom in honor of Mother’s Day on May 13, 2012.
Please note – some locations may not be participating in the following offers. Please check ahead for specific details in your area.
Mother’s Day 2012 Freebies & Specials for Special Moms
- Free Breakfast - IKEA is offering free breakfast for moms on Mother’s Day. The freebie includes scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and a free cup of Joe beginning when doors open until 11:00 A.M. on Sunday.
- Olive Garden Freebie – If you are planning to take mom out to your local Olive Garden restaurant, check out this Free Appetizer or Dessert before you head out the door! Get one free appetizer or dessert, up to $9 value, with the purchase of two dinner entrees. Coupon is required and offer expires on May 27th.
- Beef ‘O’Brady’s Free Meal – Moms get to eat for free on Motther’s Day at Beef ‘O’ Bradys. Free meal is valid with purchase of an entrée of equal or greater value.
- Free Wings - Moms will enjoy 10 free boneless chicken wings at Hooters on Mother’s Day. This offer is valid only at participating restaurants and for dine-in only.
- Free Bakers Square Slice of Pie – In the mood for a piece of pie? Stop by participating Bakers Square restaurants on Mother’s Day and get a free slice with any adult purchase.
- Shoney’s Hot Fudge Cake – What mom wouldn’t love a little chocolate on her special day. Participating Shoney’s will be celebrating their 65th Anniversary by offering Free Hot Fudge Cake on Mother’s Day! Mmmmm!
- Free Chocolate – Speaking of chocolate, stop by participating First Watch locations and get a free box of chocolate – while supplies last. See details.
- Denny’s Skillet Cookie – Just send mom a free e-card and you and mom will receive a coupon for a free Skillet Cookie a la mode with your entree.
- Free Frozen Yogurt – Treat mom to a frozen yogurt from TCBY. Call ahead to make sure your local store is participating.
- Free Bath and Body Works Travel Size Item – Send a Mother’s Day card to any of your Facebook friends from Bath and Body Works and they will receive a coupon for a free Signature Collection Travel Size item in the store. “Like” them and accept the apps to get the coupon. You can send as many cards as you like.
- Free Ruby Tuesday Cookbook – Take mom to Ruby Tuesdays on May 13th and receive a voucher for a free Ruby Tuesday Fresh Cookbook – while supplies last.
- Picture Frame Planter – Kids will have a ball making this lovely Picture Frame Planter at Lowes on Saturday, May 12th. Registration is required.
- Free Mother's Day Activities - Michael’s is celebrating mom with a bunch of different Mother’s Day activities this weekend. Depending on the date, you can make a mug, an apron, card, button, bookmark, etc. Some events are for adults, some are for kids. Check them out!
- Handprint Keepsake - Lake Shore Learning is offering this free kids’ keepsake clinic on Saturday, May 12th from 11 – 3:00 P.M.
- Chuck E Cheese is offering these free printable picture frames for free. Just print them out and add your favorite picture. Voila!
- Free Gift/Discount Card – Stop by participating Champs from May 11-May 13th, and mom will receive a free $10 gift card off a $25 purchase on the first of each month – while supplies last .
- Free Movie – Redbox is offering one free flick when you send mom a free Mother’s Day card on Facebook. You’ll receive the special code to use at the Redbox kiosk on Mother's Day. If you enter your cell phone number, you’ll get another free movie code sent to your phone!
- Free Mother’s Day Cards – Whether you make your own or send a fun electronic greeting, don’t forget to include one of these fabulous free greeting cards for mom!
- Doll Tea Party – It’s Tea Time at the Pottery Barn! Bring a doll or teddy bear and stop by for an afternoon Mother’s Day Doll Tea Party on Saturday, May 12th. RSVP is required.
- Free Admission to a Public Garden – Better Homes and Gardens, along with the American Public Garden Association (NPGA), are offering free admission for the family on May 11, 2012. You'll need to sign up first.
Happy Mother's Day!
For more Mother's Day ideas, please visit: