Happy Earth Day! You can display your support for the Earth and save money on healthy food and home products all at once. You can do this by grabbing some discounts at Abe's Market, being active with earth friendly activities, and sharing this information.
Abe's Market is an online marketplace that promotes local, organic, and natural products. They connect smart healthy buyers directly with the businesses and people that make the items. At Abe's you have the ability to get to know who makes your products and hear stories from the company owners themselves.
In celebration of our planet and environment, Abe's Market is offering free shipping on all purchases for this week! This is in addition to their Earth Week sale, with over 3,000 items marked down, providing up to 50% off in extra savings!
If you would like to be active today and this week, then check out this article from Sprout Nourishment. It's a list of nineteen family friendly activities that can help make our planet a better place.
- Compost your fruit and veggie scraps and watch your garden bloom!
- Buy, fill and refill reusable water bottles — help keep millions of single-use plastic bottles out of landfill.
- Save a tree! Use both sides of your notebook paper.
- Visit a zoo or farm and learn how to care for animals. It’ll promote local food, too.
- Go for a family walk or bike ride and help keep the Earth cool.
- Get everyone a pair of work gloves and pick up trash in your neighborhood or town.
- Buy or make your own green cleaning products and spring clean your home.
- Grow a community garden and nourish your neighborhood green spaces.
- Plant more trees in your town — they’ll help clean the air.
- Help remove stuck plastic bags out of trees. And switch to reusable bags instead … for everything!
- Make an appointment with your town leaders to add more neighborhood trash cans and recycling bins — or start a recycling program.
- Collect glass food jars to paint and turn into candle holders (and use soy-based candles!).
- Love surprises? Plant bulbs and flower seeds and keep a weather eye for spring blossoms!
- “Turn off the lights!” Make switch plate reminders for your whole house.
- Show your kids the beauty of the beach. Collect shells and rocks for art projects.
- Make extra food for dinner then ditch BPA-lined plastic and get glass storage containers instead for leftovers.
- Transform colorful magazine pages, comics and more into artful projects and gift wrappers.
- Learn how to donate/recycle old computer equipment and post instructions (with permission, of course) at your local library, cafes, electronics stores and more.
- Breathe in nature: Turn off the a/c and open a window to the world.
Bonus activity: Just get outside and play!