Here's twenty of them:
- If the sun shines on Easter Day, it will shine on Whitsunday also.
- When the sun does not shine, all treasures buried in the earth are open.
- A baby born at sunrise is gifted with the life of success.
- The sun will never warm or cast light upon a liar.
- If the sun shines while it is snowing, there will be snow the next day.
- If the sun draws water in the morning, there will be rain in the evening.
- Circle around the sun, means no rain.
- If the sun looks red like blood at the sunset of a rainy day, a sudden death will happen.
- Sun and rain was supposedly good luck.
- if in the summer the sun rises red, it will be a very hot day.
- If the sun comes out from behind the clouds and shines during a wedding, the couple will have a long and happy marriage.
- Before the sun comes up on the 1st of May, rub your face with dew, and it will make you attractive.
- Sitting in the sun and looking at a yellow caterpillar will give you the chills.
- It is lucky to dream of the rising sun.
- A milky sun in the early morning is a sign of rain.
- Grass will die if watered while the sun is shining.
- Plant before the sun is up in May.
- A sunny haze means bad weather.
- Snakes never die until the sun goes down.
- The sun shining bright on your birthday means good luck for a year.
So those are twenty superstitions about the sun that have been around for generations. These superstitions to some are merely facts.
"Kentucky Superstitions" by Daniel Lindsey Thomas