19th Annual CEW Beauty Awards Kick Off with Product Demo, where More Than 625 of the Most Innovative Products Compete for the CEW Seal
For all those who fantasize about being in the midst of all best of the best of beauty, makeup, haircare and skincare all at the same time, in one place and getting to play with their latest and greatest inventions, then the Cosmetic Executive Women ("CEW") Beauty Insiders’ Choice Awards Product Demo will make that fantasy come true! This magical and most worthy beauty event will most definitely comfort those who may have had a stressful day at work, or an argument with boyfriend, hubby or partner, and make everything ok for that moment in time.
CEW hosts its Beauty Insiders’ Choice Awards Product Demo annually to treat CEW members to the best of the best of beauty, in various categories: fragrance, haircare, makeup and skincare. Each year, hundreds of brands show off their innovations to members of the industry who slather, sniff and swipe products to learn about the strengths (and weaknesses) of each product, so CEW members can effectively vote for their favorite product in each category.
On March 6th, 2,100+ industry insiders attended the Beauty Insiders’ Choice Awards Product Demo, and had the great opportunity to test 625+ product entries, the top launches from 2012. CEW members vote to select finalists in each of 32 categories. After the finalists are announced on April 5, CEW’s Board of Governors will vote to determine the winners, who will be announced at the Beauty Awards luncheon May 17th at the Waldorf-Astoria in NYC. Winners will be judged based on innovation, delivery system and packaging.
“A CEW Beauty Award is the highest honor any beauty brand can receive, which is why more than 300 companies have entered their best new products in the competition,” says Carlotta Jacobson, President of CEW. “For consumers, the CEW seal stands for a superior beauty product because it is the only award selected by industry insiders, who are experts in identifying the best in beauty.”
What’s New for 2013: Jacobson also announced several new initiatives for 2013:
- Department Store Design: The Product Demo will be set up as the industry’s biggest beauty counter and the layout will be designed to replicate a department store, providing a new and interactive experience to the beauty insiders who will sample and vote.
- New Tech Skin Care: Skincare Tools will now have the opportunity to shine as CEW expands entry categories
- QVC Beauty Quest: CEW has collaborated with QVC to discover the next big beauty products. QVC buyers will select six finalists. The winning brand will be announced at the Beauty Awards luncheon in May and will be featured on QVC.
Eco Beauty Award Finalists: CEW has announced its 2013 Eco Beauty Award Finalists. The award, sponsored by Givaudan, recognizes a beauty product or product line that has moved toward the goal of sustainability. The finalists are vetted by The Natural Step. The winner is chosen by the Eco Beauty Award Voting Committee and will be announced at the Beauty Awards luncheon on May 17th.
2013 Eco Beauty Award Finalists:
- Aveda - Stress Fix™
- Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics - Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream
- Josie Maran Cosmetics
- La Fresh Eco-Beauty - Oil Free Face Cleanser (Scented)
- Nature's Gate - Facial Care Collection
- Naturopathica Holistic Health - Plant Stem Cell Serum
- Nourish | Organic Food For Healthy Skin
- Paula's Choice - Earth Sourced Antioxidant-enriched Natural Moisturizer
- Weleda North America - Body Lotions
- Yves Rocher North America Inc - Culture Bio Certified Organic Shower Gels
The 2013 CEW Beauty Awards Product Demo was sponsored by: Allure, Givaudan, CVS/pharmacy, Crest and Oral-B 3D White, QVC, Poise, Conair, Venus, Beauty Inc, Arcade Marketing, Birchbox, RPG, MaCher, Albéa, Rpr Marketing Communications, The Beauty Company, KraftWorks, Consultancy Media, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, Suite K, Proof 7, The Natural Step, WWD, Tonnie’s Minis, NPD Group and Ernst & Young.
About CEW: Cosmetic Executive Women, Inc. (CEW) is a nonprofit professional organization with more than 5,000 female and male executives in the beauty and related industries. CEW advances the professional growth and leadership development of women in the cosmetic industry through professional development and networking, industry insights, access to leaders, recognition of achievement and innovation and its philanthropic foundation. CEW’s membership is multi-generational and equally representative of entry level, mid-career level and senior level executives. CEW is based in New York City, and it also hosts events for the beauty community in Los Angeles. Additionally, CEW has associated organizations in France and the United Kingdom. The CEW Foundation supports Cancer and Careers, a resource for employees balancing work and cancer treatment. For more information, log on to cew.org.