Some women are much more likely than others to cheat on their husbands or boyfriends.
With the rising rate of female infidelity, most men have probably wondered whether their wife or girlfriend is the type of woman who would cheat on her mate.
As founder of www.InfidelityAdvice.com, author of a popular infidelity reference book on how to spot the signs of a cheating mate, and a nationally-recognized infidelity expert who is frequently called on by the media to comment on infidelity issues in the news, one of the most frequent questions I get from men is some variation of
Will she cheat on me?
Based on my 19+ years of in-depth research on the topic of infidelity which includes literally thousands of interviews with male and female infidelity victims and cheaters, and dozens of other professionals in the field, I’ve found that there are some types of women who are more likely than others to cheat on their mates.
Will Your Wife or Girlfriend Cheat on You?
With female infidelity now at an all time high, more and more men who are married, or in committed relationships are asking themselves this question about their spouse of significant other:
With infidelity constantly in the news, it’s not uncommon for a man to wonder if his wife or girlfriend will cheat on him in the future, and one day break his heart.
Listed below are brief descriptions of 18 kinds of women who are especially susceptible to having an affair.
My 19+ years of research on the topic of infidelity have revealed that most women who are especially prone to cheating on their mates tend to fall into one or more of the 18 categories below:
18 Categories of Women Most Likely To Cheat
1. She has lots of close male friends - A significant number of affairs begin as close friendships with members of the opposite sex. The relationship may be platonic at the beginning, but chances are, it won’t stay that way. The closer the woman is to her platonic male friend, the more likely it is that he will eventually end up becoming her lover – unless he’s gay. See How Emotional Infidelity Can Progress to Sexual Infidelity and 5 Things About Emotional Infidelity
2. She has girlfriends who are cheating on their mates. - Never underestimate the power of peer pressure. Adults are susceptible to it, too. If a woman has one or more close female friends who are cheating on their husbands or boyfriends, she may eventually start cheating, too.
3. She has an excessive need for attention. – A woman who constantly craves attention may cheat on her mate if she feels she’s not getting enough attention from him. She will be easy prey for any man who showers with her the attention she feels she deserves. See Why Women Cheat vs Why Men Cheat - They Cheat for Different Reasons
4. She’s materialistic. - A materialistic woman is likely to have an affair with a wealthy man because of the material things he can provide. She can easily be seduced with jewelry, designer clothes, lavish vacations, or the cash to buy these and other expensive things.
5. She views sex as a statement of her femininity. - Her identity as a woman is tied to how many men she sleeps with. Seducing men to sleep with her is the focal point of her life. With this mental attitude, it’s hard for her to stay faithful to just one man.
6. She’s a thrill seeker or a risk taker. - If she’s the type who likes to live dangerously, she’ll cheat just for the thrill of it, or for the excitement of doing something forbidden, or for the challenge of seeing if she can pull it off without getting caught. She views infidelity as other people would view a high-risk sport.
7. She’s easily bored. – A woman who is easily bored, or who leads a dull, routine life may cheat on her mate just to alleviate her boredom or add some excitement to her life. See Study on Mothers Who Cheat
8. She has been cheated on by her mate. – If a woman’s husband or boyfriend has cheated on her, she may try to even the score by cheating on him in return. Many women who have been victims of infidelity will indulge in retaliatory cheating or have revenge affairs. See Revenge Cheating is a Common Female Response to Infidelity
9. She likes being the center of attention. – If a woman thrives on being the center of attention at all times, she is sexually vulnerable to any man who fawns over her, or makes her feel like she’s #1
10. She’s addicted to alcohol or drugs. – Women who are substance abusers are much more likely to end up cheating on their mates. Female alcoholics are susceptible to infidelity because their inhibitions will be lowered and their judgment impaired. Female drug addicts may sell their bodies for drugs. Either type of woman is likely to cheat without realizing what she’s doing. See Infidelity Traps - 12 Ways People Unintentionally Get Drawn into Cheating on Their Mates
11. She has a reputation as a “party girl.” - If she’s the type of woman who runs with a fast crowd, or parties all the time, or hangs out until the wee hours of the night, her lifestyle makes her vulnerable to having an affair.
12. She’s a sex addict. - Women can be sex addicts, too. It’s an addiction that affects at least 6% of the American population. In the past these women were referred to as nymphomaniacs. This is a medical condition that requires professional medical help. See Signs of a Sex Addict
13. She has a sex drive greater than her partner’s. – If her sex drive greatly exceeds the sex drive of her husband or boyfriend, or her spouse or significant other is lacking in bedroom skills, she’s much more likely to cheat on her mate. She’ll find another man to make up for her mate’s deficiency.
14. She’s had lots of sexual experience. - If she has led a very active sex life, or has had lots of sex partners before settling down, she will find it extremely difficult to stay faithful to just one man.
15. She cheated before and got away with it. - That old saying “ Once a cheater, always a cheater will apply if she cheated in the past and didn’t suffer any negative consequences as a result of her infidelity. If she cheated before and didn’t get caught, she’s more likely to cheat again. The same applies if she cheated and her man readily forgave her without holding her accountable for her infidelity. See 5 Things about Why So Many Cheaters Don’t Get Caught
16. She has a big ego. - If she’s extremely egotistic, any man who feeds her inflated ego can easily get her into bed.
17. She suffers from low self esteem. - The opposite characteristic is also a danger sign. If she suffers from low-self esteem, she will be easy prey for the man who flatters her, makes her feel good about herself, and boosts her self esteem. See Why Women Cheat vs Why Men Cheat - They Cheat for Different Reasons
18. She views sex as a game. In her mind, sex is not connected to love. Sex is just a game in which she gets points for every man she beds. Even though she may be in love with her partner, she’ll have sex with as many men as possible so she can gain the maximum number of points and win the game.
The more of the above categories your wife or girlfriend fits into, the more likely it is that she will cheat on you.
But will you know when she’s on the verge of cheating, or when infidelity occurs? See Why You Shouldn’t Rely on the Top 10 Signs of Infidelity and What to Do Instead
The sad reality is that, most men don’t. See 40 Fatal Signs That You’re about to Be Dumped and 17 Subtle Signs That Your Marriage or Relationship is About to End
Most men whose wives or girlfriends are cheating on them are usually the last to know. See Men Who are Victims of Female Infidelity are Usually the Last to Know
How You Can Tell if She’s Cheating, or about to Cheat on You
If you’re married to, or in a committed relationship with a woman who falls into one or more of the 18 categories above, make sure you know how to recognize the early warning signs of infidelity. See Why You Shouldn’t Rely on the Top 10 Signs of Infidelity and What to Do Instead and 5 Things about Signs of Infidelity
If you don’t know the early warning signs of impending infidelity, or the signs of an affair in progress, you may be in for a lot of hurt, humiliation and heartbreak ahead. See 40 Fatal Signs That You’re about to Be Dumped and 17 Subtle Signs That Your Marriage or Relationship is About to End
Your future, and the future of your marriage or relationship may well depend on your ability to spot the signs in time. But knowing what to look for is the key.
A good infidelity reference book can help. In fact, one of the best things you can do for your marriage or relationship is to invest in a good infidelity reference book. See Men Who are Victims of Female Infidelity are Usually the Last to Know
Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs is still the only infidelity book on the market that documents practically every known sign of infidelity.
Despite the title, most of the signs in the book apply to both cheating women and cheating men. In addition, the bonus section in the e-book version of Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs ($37) has a special section entitled for men entitled Is SHE Cheating?
For more information on Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs, see The Best Investment You Can Make in Your Relationship for 2012
Meanwhile, if you need practical, immediately-usable information about cheating women, female infidelity or dealing with a cheating mate, visit www.NationalInfidelity.com or see the list of articles below.
*** © copyright 2012 Ruth Houston / All Rights Reserved.
Ruth Houston is a New York-based infidelity expert who is frequently called on by the media to comment on high profile infidelity and popular infidelity issues in the news. She is the founder of www.InfidelityAdvice.com, the author of Is He Cheating on You? - 829 Telltale Signs, and publishes the Infidelity News and Views blog. Ruth also writes the Celebrity Infidelity column (www.CelebrityInfidelity.com) and the National Infidelity column (www.NationalInfidelity.com) for Examiner.com. To interview infidelity expert Ruth Houston, or have her speak at your next event, call 718 592-6029 or e-mail InfidelityExpert@gmail.com
For practical, immediately-usable information about cheating women, female infidelity or dealing with a cheating mate, see the list below or visit www.NationalInfidelity.com:
Is He Cheating on You? - 829 Telltale Signs (soft cover book from Amazon.com)
Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs (e-book version with Affair Recovery information)