The 16 Annual Nerax Cask Festival visits the Somerville American Legion Hall next week!
NERAX, which stands for New England Real Ale Exihibiton, is an organization dedicated to keeping "real ale" alive. The four day celebration will start on Wednesday and continue through Saturday. During this period, over 100 firkins of Real Ale and Cider will be enjoyed. The firkins are represented by British Beers from England, Scotland, and Whales; along with American beers. This festival is the largest of it's kind in New England.
All of the beers are cask-conditioned, severed by gravity or hand-pump taps. Price includes an "entry fee", along with a pay as you go model. You have the option to choose a 1/4 pint, 1/2 pint or a full pint of each selection. Plan your time wisely! If you are interested in trying differnet beers, stick witht he 1/4 pints. Once you find something you love, grab a 1/2 pint or a full pint -- but watch out for the "reaper". Once the firkin is drained -- it's gone, until next year -- we hope.
NERAX typically sells out. Get your tickets while they last!
- Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:00pm to 10:30pm
- Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 6:00pm to 10:30pm
- Friday, April 13, 2012 - 6:00pm to 10:30pm
- Saturday Session 1, April 14, 2012 - 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Saturday Session 2, April 14, 2012 - 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Special - Day of the Living Nanos
- Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 1:00 pm -4:00 pm
163 Glen St
Somerville, MA 02145