Have you heard that almonds could do wonders for your body and health? If you have, then you are on the right track, but if this fact is new to you then you are missing out.
Whether or not the almond nut is your favorite nut or not, the facts do not lie. Almonds could definitely be beneficial for your health. In this article, learn about the health benefits of almonds and the 15 ways on how you could power up with this type of nut.
What are the amazing health benefits of almonds?
Adding almonds to your daily diet could really help you in positive ways. If you are not too familiar with almonds and its advantages to your health, then you should really learn all about its health benefits. The following are the benefits that you could gain from eating a few almonds on a daily basis:
- Almonds decreases the risk of heart attacks: Studies have shown that those who eat nuts at least 5x a week have a 50% reduction in heart diseases and heart attacks
- Almonds could lower LDL or low-density lipoprotein levels and also “bad” cholesterol.
- Almonds could protect the walls of the arteries and prevent damaging them. Since almond skin contains flavonoids and works together with vitamin E, it adds to reducing the risk for heart conditions.
- Almonds could also help build strong teeth and bones since it contains phosphorus
- Almonds contain healthy fats, which helps in losing weight. Although it is high in fat, those who frequently eat nuts are found to be slimmer than those who never really eat nuts
- There was a study that showed that those people who ate nuts at least 2x a week had a 30% less likely chance to gain weight compared to those who do not eat nuts at all
- Almonds lower the blood sugar and insulin after meals
- Almonds enhance a person’s brain function. It contains L-carnitine and riboflavin, which boosts the brain’s activity levels and could also decrease the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Almonds could help the nervous system. It is said to increase a person’s intellectual levels and longevity
- Almonds alkalize the body. This also decreases the risk of osteoporosis, low energy, weight gain and those who have poor immune function
What are delicious almond ideas to try out?
Now that you have a better idea of how almonds could benefit your body, learn about some ideas that you could do with almonds so that you could shake things up a bit. Here are 15 ideas that you could try out:
- Try roasted and silvered almonds. You could add them to grain-based dishes such as salads. These textures combine well together and could also add a wonderfully delicious crunch to your meal
- Get 24 almonds and soak them for an entire night. When you do this, the skin could slide off and you could munch on them as a snack during breakfast or lunch
- Try adding some almonds in your milk so that your drink is healthier
- Add in almonds to your Chinese stir-fry to get more flavor out of your dish
- Mix in some finely chopped almonds and crush pistachios in ricotta cheese and drizzle in some honey. You could enjoy this as dessert and it is called sandesh
- If you plan to make break of scones, go ahead and add in some shopping almonds in the dough
- Lightly fry up some almonds in a teaspoon of olive oil and toss it in with some steamed rice for an extra kick
- Roast some almonds and add it to some steamed vegetables and fish
- Make a yummy dip by combining vinegar, olive oil, roasted peppers and almonds
- Keep some almonds in your purse so that if you want to add it to your meal outside the house you could go right on ahead
- Mix together unsweetened whole grain cereal, almonds, raisins and little honey for a power breakfast meal. You could even go the extra mile and add in almond milk to your almond fiesta
- Enhance your soup flavors by adding in almonds to chicken and coconut soup
- Try adding almonds to your sandwiches for an extra crunch
- Add in some almonds to your hummus
- If you have a sweet tooth, try almonds covered with dark chocolates
Almonds could go a long way when it comes to flavors in dishes, drinks and your health. Have your daily dose of almonds whenever you can to add to healthy living.