Many articles, including many of my own, address specific obstacles we face in leading a healthy habits lifestyle. Most all the time you’ll find it possible to overcome obstacles with a positive attitude, a curious mind, some helpful tips, a creative outlook and a can-do approach to daily wellness.
So how do we know if we are doing well? See how many items you can identify from the list below:
- You’ve got a solid network of people who mentor and support you
- You look for the positive, expect the positive, awaken the positive in others
- You seek peak experiences regularly, looking for challenging or out-of-the ordinary activities
- You feel a healthy spiritual connectedness to a greater whole
- You feel safe to express yourself and you avoid negativity of all sorts
- You are alive and awake, noticing details in your day
- You feel comfortable with change and adapt well
- You look for creative solutions to problems and recover quickly from setbacks
- You enjoy physical activity and miss it when you are not able to move
- You are in tune with yourself and your place in your world
- You are generous and grateful
- You enjoy contributing to your workplace, community, environment
- You find that humor and laughing is an integral part of your life
- You feed your body and your mind with good, wholesome ‘food’
- You know your top values and live according to these
Establishing a solid foundation is the most important part of a positive lifestyle. Everything else will follow naturally, once it is built on top of that solid foundation. Eating right, dressing well, achieving personal and professional goals, fostering long and healthy relationships, and anything on the New Year’s Resolution list will go a lot smoother if you’ve started in the right place.
To make steps towards your best self in 2013 and beyond, feel free to download our 8 Weeks to Wellness eWorkbook to get yourself started. This step-by-step guide will reinforce your foundation and support your goals into becoming reality.
Special Note: The above list was inspired, in part, by fellow Wellcoaches Health Coach, Fiona Cosgrove, in her book: Coach Yourself to Wellness - a wonderful book!