1) McGeorge Bundy - Served as United States National Security Advisor to Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson(1961-1966). He was also president of the Ford Foundation and president of the Ford Foundation(1966-1979). He is a lefty.
2) Ruth Bader Ginsberg - Appointed Supreme Court Justice by Bill Clinton in 1993. She is the second female Supreme Court Justice and the first Jewish female. She is also a lefty.
3) John McCain - Lefty presidential candidate John McCain ran against fellow lefty, president Barack Obama in 2008.
4) Robert S. McNamara - Served as Secretary of Defense under Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson(1961-1968).
5) Col. Oliver North - One of our more controversial lefties, Oliver North is a former United States Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel who operated as a National Security Council staff member during the Iran-Contra affair in the late 1980s, during which America sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of U.S. Hostages. North was responsible for the plan to transfer funds obtained from these arms sales to support Nicaraguan Contra groups. Most importantly, of course, he is left-handed.
6) H. Ross Perot, businessman - Funny-looking businessman, presidential 1992 presidential candidate, and lefty, ran against fellow lefties Bill Clinton and George Bush Sr.
7) Bill Clinton - Clinton defeated fellow lefties, George Bush Sr. and H. Ross Perot, in the 1992 presidential debate. Just as in the 2008 campaign, all of the major presidential candidates were lefties.
8) Barack Obama - During the 2008 presidential campaign, lefty Barack Obama ran against fellow lefty John McCain. Alan Keyes ran under the independent ticket, also a lefty. Just as in the 1992 campaign, all of the major presidential candidates were lefties.
9) George Bush Sr. - Former president George Bush Sr. ran against fellow lefties, Bill Clinton and H. Ross Perot in the 1992 presidential election. He also succeeded another lefty president, Ronald Reagan.
10) Benjamin Netanyahu - Current prime minister of Israel, Netanyahu is a well-known lefty. Like many lefties, he is also super smart, sporting an almost unheard of reported IQ of 180. To give you an idea of how smart this is, it is 20 points higher than Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking.
11) Alan Keyes - ran under the independent ticket in the 2008 presidential, as well as 1996 and 2008. Another smart lefty here, Keyes is a doctoral graduate of Harvard. He studied political philosophy under Allan Bloom, which is pretty awesome.
12) Gerald Ford - President from 1973-1974. He holds the dubious honor of shortest-lived presidency among presidents who did not die in office (as well as, ironically enough, longest-living president, having died at the age of 93). Perhaps most well-known to my generation for being featured at the end of an episode of The Simpsons, where he avows a love for nachos and beer along with Homer Simpson, following the latter's turbulent relationship with new neighbor George Bush Sr., Gerald Ford was a lefty.
13) Fidel Castro - The Cuban Marxist-Leninist politician and revolutionary served as Prime Minister(1959-1976), President(1976-2008) and Commander in Chief of the armed forces(1959-2008) for Cuba. He is not only a leftist, however, but a lefty!
14) Herbert Hoover - Former president Herbert Hoover served as president from 1929-1933. He amassed a small fortune as a mining engineer and rose to international prominence for his humanitarian activity. He also served as head of the U.S. Food Administration before becoming president, before, as well as during, WW1. He is one of only two presidents (the other being William Howard Taft) who was elected without either high military rank or electoral experience.
15) Ronald Reagan - While he grew up left-handed, his writing was 'corrected' so that he wrote with his right hand. But this just means that he is a closet lefty.
Information retrieved from: http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/left.html