Birthdays are fun, as we greet and salute those we know and love. Occasionally, we may choose comical cards or scrawl our own whimsical messages to mark these occasions. Birthday cards often contain jokes or humorous remarks – about the birthday celebrant, growing older, or life in general.
Feeling funny? Want some funny birthday quotations to jot into cards or greetings?
This content is copyrighted. Please feel free to share the http/link, but no cut-and-paste copying or republishing without permission of the Madison Holidays Examiner.
These funny birthday quotations are arranged alphabetically for easy reference. These quotes may draw grins, giggles, groans, or guffaws.
- Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. (Jack Benny)
- Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age. (Victor Hugo)
- I grabbed a pile of dust, and holding it up, foolishly asked for as many birthdays as the grains of dust, I forgot to ask that they be years of youth. (Ovid)
- I intend to live forever — so far, so good! (Stephen Wright)
- I was brought up to respect my elders, so now I don't have to respect anybody. (George Burns)
- Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed. (Charles Schulz)
- May you live all the days of your life. (Jonathan Swift)
- Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young. (Fred Astaire)
- Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative. (Maurice Chevalier)
- The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. (Lucille Ball)
- There is still no cure for the common birthday. (John Glenn)
- With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come. (William Shakespeare)
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been. (Mark Twain)
- You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake. (Bob Hope)
- Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. (George Bernard Shaw)
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.
How about choosing a comical comment to include in a birthday card or greeting?