Both men and women face this issue. About 2/100 people a year develop Alopecia. With the right treatment and care, hair loss and alopecia can be cured and treated.
The first steps to reduce hair loss:
1. Improve your diet by including plenty of proteins, minerals and antioxidants in your daily diet. Eggs, fish, beans, grains, vegetables and fruits.
2. Overcome stress by exercising daily. Exercising will help the body sweat out the toxins and boost energy. Meditation and yoga help control stress and reduce its side effects.
3. Include essential vitamins in your diet. Biotin, Folic Acid, and Vitamin B complex are great for hair and skin. They reduce hair loss, increase scalp circulatiom and rejuvenate hair follicles.
4. Help your body to produce more natural keratin. MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is a supplemental form of sulfur. MSM is beneficial to hair growth and strength due to its role in synthesizing components such as collagen and keratin. MSM helps hair grow thicker and faster.
5. Avoid chemicals and heat styling tools. Chemicals such as perm, hair dye, and bleaching can increase hair loss and damage the hair. Also avoid heat styling tools such as flat iron, curling iron and blow dryer.
6. Avoid permanent hair extensions applied through heat, glue or sewing. They will damage your follicles and increase pressure on the scalp.
Natural remedies to treat hair loss:
1- Apply Arnica to the scalp twice a day in the form of a cream, ointment, or hair rinse made from arnica tincture diluted with warm water. Arnica increases local blood circulation, and may thereby help promote hair growth.
2. Use Emu oil, or kalaya oil, as a moisturizer and hair-root stimulant to promote hair growth.
3. Apply Saw Palmetto oil as a treatment or take it in form of pills. Native Americans use saw palmetto to promote healthy hair and skin.
4. Apply Onion or Garlic Juice to your scalp. Leave the juice on your scalp overnight, and wash it out in the morning. Onion is rich in sulfur and antioxidants that maintain a healthy scalp and reduce hair loss.
5. Rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar twice a week to maintain a healthy scalp and to reduce product buildup. Mix 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar with 3 cups water, and rinse your hair with it. Leave it for 15-20 minutes then rinse off with water.
Products targeting Hair loss :
1. Nioxin Shampoo - It is important to use products that can target the problem and provide a cure. Harsh shampoos can destroy the scalp and prevent new follicles from forming. Nioxin provides 6 systems that are specially designed to suit different thinning hair and scalp requirements.
2. leonor Greyl Complexe Energisant - An energizing and leave-in treatment for hair loss.
This product provides effective action against almost all factors responsible for hair loss.
3. Vichy Aminexil Pro Women - An Intensive treatment, Aminexil is an innovative pharmaceutical molecule that combats hair loss. It Combats the stiffening of perifollicular collagen* to retain flexibility and elasticity around hair roots, allowing hair to anchor itself more solidly in the scalp. Combined with SP 94 to provide the bulb with energy elements needed for growth, it promotes stronger, thicker hair.
4. Kerastase Bain Stimuliste GL Shampoo- An energizing shampoo for thinning hair, prone to hair loss. It Revitalizes and gently cleanses the scalp to reduce excess sebum and remove product build up. As well as, Provides an optimal environment to promote a healthy scalp
Kerastase Intervention Anti-Chute Aminexil GL- the latest treatment with improved technology to help reduce the rate of hair loss and maintain the density of thinning hair. It helps reduce the rate of hair loss, and maintain hair density after 6 weeks.