If you’re looking for a way to drive traffic to your business website, increase social media marketing results, and establish credibility and authority in your niche, look no further than infographics.
Put simply, an infographic is a visual representation of data, information, or knowledge. You can use an infographic to represent any type of data and to tell a variety of stories. As a business person, there is most certainly an abundance of information to share with your audience.
For example, “10 Things an Entrepreneur Should Know,” or “5 Best Blogging Applications,” might make exceptional infographic topics.
Infographics follow the same basic rules of content. They must provide value to your reader. Because infographics are information driven and easy to view and share, they are a simple tool to provide quick value to your audience.
- An Abundance of Inbound links – Infographics are not only sharable, you can also include an embed code, list your graphic on directories, and let other bloggers and business owners post them on their websites. It creates an inbound link to your site which boosts your search engine ranking.
- Analytics and Tracking – Whether you use an embed code or not, infographics are generally easy to track. You can, and should, measure the traffic generated from each graphic. Use analytics to calculate page views, clicks, and time spent viewing the infographic.
- Keywords – Your infographic is another tool you can use to embrace traffic generating keywords most popular in your niche. Use infographics to boost your search engine ranking for those keywords. Place the keywords in your title and in the description of your infographic.
- Increase Followers and Subscribers – One potential way to use infographics is to share them on social media. You’ll be able to reach a broad audience because infographics are shared by millions each day. As more people become aware of your business and social media profile, you’ll earn more subscribers and followers.
- Blog Engagement – Infographics tend to generate comments when they’re published on a blog. You can increase the interaction on your blog by sharing an occasional infographic.
- Relationship Building – Creating great content including infographic content helps forge a connection between you and your audience. The more value you provide them, the more they’ll interact with you and become an active member of your community.
- Credibility – Publishing relevant and useful infographics that educate and offer value, positions you as a thought leader within your niche.
- Branding – Infographics can and should include your voice, logo, and message within. This helps brand your business.
- Scannable – The majority of people are visual learners and infographics serve them well. They’re easy to scan and provide a useful way to educate your audience.
- Viral in Nature – Include an embed code in your infographic and watch it spread. You’ll see your content on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google + almost overnight. People love to share infographics.
- Increased Traffic – Inbound links, improved SEO and more awareness for your brand and business all mean one thing, traffic.
- Multi-Purpose Content – Your infographics can expand beyond your online marketing. You can use them as print material as well. Whether you publish a brochure, book, or marketing collateral, infographics serve a variety of purposes and functions.
- They’re super easy to create – You don’t have to be a graphic designer to create an infographic, the free tools with easy to follow wizards help you get the job done.