The dire need for comfortable flats has become more apparent ever since the rapid popularity of high heels ran a muck and wreaked havoc on foot soles across the nation. The truth is flats aren’t just cute and cozy, they are very much a fashion necessity, a fashion do in which every closet should have at least one pair among them.
This season flats have become more and more diverse as designers are digging deep for novelty style devices that range from super cute(Charlotte Olympia) to hardcore (Jeffrey Campbell) to ballerina inspired (Chloe). Additionally, some flats have taken on new names and forged new trends in the process, take for instance the loafer, pretty much the same thing as flats with a slightly different cut.
Loafers were huge for the fall and are still on the conquest of being a forerunner of style hits this year. Katie Holmes, Taylor Swift, Alexa Chung and Miranda Kerr were all spotted in them and whether you prefer to call it flats, loafers, or slips-ons here are 12 winning flats to consider for your next shoe fix…
1. Rebecca Minkoff Uma flats $225 rebeccaminkoff.com
2. Chloe leather ballet flats $485 net-a-porter.com
3. Alice + Olivia Dakota flats $137 shop bop.com
4. Witty in pink flat $30 modcloth.com
5. Madewell the sidewalk skimmer in calf hair flats $90 made well.com
6. Tory Burch Aaden ballet flats $265 jildorshoes.com
7. Christian Louboutin Pigalle flats $995 net-a-porter.com
8. Taryn Rose Betsy flats $59 simplysoles.com
9. ASOS lingo ballet flats $49 asos.com
10. GUESS Tangelo woven flats $89 guess.com
11. Topshop Maypol cut out slippers $56 topshop.com
12. Manolo Blahnik Sharif slippers $665 bergdorfgoodman.com