There are 12 spots left to fill for the National Capital Golf Tour’s first Silly Season shootout of 2013-2014.
The Holiday Event happens Dec. 14 starting at 7 p.m. at Golf-O-Max.
The cost is $27 plus tax per player and there’s a $10 fee for cleaners and closest to the pin competitions.
“The NCGT continues to be designed for recreational golfers who would like to play competitive golf now and then in comfortable surroundings,” said Steve Karam, the NCGT’s president. “Players do not have to be members of the tour to participate in our Silly Season events.”
Here are the rules:
- Rounds are played "straight up" (no handicap strokes)
- 0 - 15 handicap play from the blue tees
- 16 and up play from the white tees
- Ladies play from the red tees
- You must win a hole outright for a share of the pot
- If there is a tie for CTP on a par 3, the pot is split
- OPTIONAL: Loonie shootout after the round
To register, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
(To stay in the swing groove, check out the accompanying video.)