The highlights include:
- The Death of White Papers
- "Content Busts Out of the Text Box"
- The Explosion of Video Blogging
- Content Becomes Conversation (not to be mistaken with "content becomes conversational")
- Consumers are Back in the Drivers Seat
- Creativity as a Competitive Advantage and the Necessity of Specialized and Hypertargeted Content
- Content That Matters ("Big Content")
- More Effective Sales Enablement
- Laser Focus on Core Channels (don’t "feed the beast")
- Accountable Content (thanks to improved metrics)
- Sponsored Content (aka “Native Advertising”) goes Mainstream
- The Melding of Content, SEO and PR
If these points don't make you excited about content marketing in 2014, I don't know what will.
The full post is 2,000 words strong, so if you're interested, check it out here: 12 Huge Content Marketing Predictions from Smart Biz Owners