February 12, 2014
Celebrating St. Valentine's Day is fun with children. Toddlers and preschoolers get a kick out of something different. Here are a few tips and ideas to use with toddlers and preschoolers at Valentine's Day.
- Talk to them that Valentine's Day is when we celebrate our love. Have them wear red for the occasion.
- Make edible cards out of graham crackers, icing and conversational hearts.
- Use index cards and draw different colored and shaped hearts. Play a memory game.
- Trace and cut out hearts together. Work on tracing and writing names.
- Use different shaped hearts and play a heart shape sorter game.
- Make a smoothie with 5 strawberries, half of banana and milk.
- Decorate their door by putting hearts all over it.
- Get red, white, and pink balloons and scatter them all over.
- Prepare Valentine themed foods for the day.
- Sing songs about love!
- Use clear jars and fill them up with red, white, red M & Ms and conversation hearts.