Black Friday 2014 is just 100 short days away as of Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, and that doesn't give you a whole lot of time to prepare your shopping strategy. You've got to start getting ready now because you may end up missing out and screwing up the whole day with one slight mistake. To better prepare you, BFAds.net started running a "100 Days Till Black Friday" contest, and the prize is a PlayStation 4.
The contest runs for just three days and the winner is going to be randomly selected on Aug. 22, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. CST. Along with the PlayStation 4 500GB console, the winner will also received a $100 Target gift card.
With just 100 days to go until Black Friday 2014 - which is Nov. 28, 2014 - many stores have still not released their opening times. After doing some research and comparing to opening times of the past, we can look at possible opening times for your favorite stores.
Remember, unless confirmed by the store, these are subject to change at any time. Unless otherwise noted, the Black Friday 2014 opening time is not yet confirmed.
Also, the times listed are local for Friday, Nov. 28, 2014, unless otherwise noted.
- Walmart - 6:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014 - Doorbusters offered at random hours
- Best Buy - 6:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014
- Toys R Us - 5:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014
- Target - 8:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014
- K-Mart - 5:00 a.m.
- JCPenney - 8:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014
- Home Depot: 5:00 a.m.
- Kohl's - 8:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014
- Macys - 12:00 a.m.
- Meijer - 4:00 a.m.
- OfficeMax - 5:00 a.m.
- Sam's Club: 7:00 a.m.
- Sears - 8:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014
- BJ's Wholesale Club: 7:00 a.m.
- Staples - 6:00 a.m.
- Walgreens - 7:00 a.m.
- GameStop: 12:00 a.m.
- Lowes: 5:00 a.m.
- Office Depot - 8:00 a.m.
- Old Navy - 7:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014
- Rite Aid: 5:00 a.m.
- Bass Pro Shops - 6:00 a.m.
- Cabela's - 5:00 a.m.
- Dillard's: 8:00 a.m.
- Anna's Linens: 8:00 a.m.
- Big Lots: 6:00 a.m.
- Dollar General: Check local stores for hours
- CompUSA - 5:00 a.m.
- HH Gregg - 8:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014
- Dollar Tree: Check local stores for hours
- Menards - 6:00 a.m.
- Microcenter - 8:00 a.m.
- Stage: 6:00 a.m.
- Michaels: 4:00 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014, until 2:00 a.m. Friday, reopen at 7:00 a.m.
- Radio Shack - 8:00 a.m.
- PetSmart - 7:00 a.m.
- JoAnn Fabrics - 6:00 a.m.
- Victoria's Secret: 12:00 a.m.
- TJ Maxx: 7:00 a.m.
The only problem that now remains is to plan and organize your strategy for how you're going to attack Black Friday 2014. You can get a general idea from the past opening times for stores, but you've got to keep an eye out for the official hours soon.
Before you know it, the biggest shopping day of the year will be here and it's going to be sheer insanity.