Holidays make homeschooling special. Families can take extra time to enjoy the different seasons in the year. In our home we have a heart shaped plate that we use on Valentines Day and when the kids were little I made heart shaped cakes. Sometimes I think it’s the little things that matter and what they will remember.
Here is a brief list of ways to say I love you.
1. Count the many blessings each of your children have given to you just by being them.
2. Read Just In Case you Ever Wonder by Max Lucado. This book does a wonderful job in reinforcing your love and devotion to your children.
3. Hide Hershey’s Kisses throughout the house and have a treasure map to show where all the “love” is found.
4. Do one of their chores for them.
5. Hug and cuddle on the couch while watching a family favorite movie.
6. Draw and cut two hearts out and paste one on top of the other with an opening left on the top. Then fill it with words of praise, so when your child gets discouraged they can go to their heart and pull words that you gave them to see how special they really are.
7. Bake cupcakes, cookies, or a cake together to celebrate Valentines Day.
8. Take a walk with them and just listen to what they have to say.
9. Take a day and play Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Clue, and Uno and call it school.
10. Praise them publicly. Let others know how proud you are to their parent.