Just coming down off your Christmas shopping high and here comes another gift giving holiday; how do you impress your Valentine without breaking the bank—again? Here are some great gift ideas for her and him that are all under $50.
1. Visit victoriassecret.com or drop in the store and pick up something that will make you as happy as it does her. Right now you can grab the Sheer Pleated Baby Doll sexy nightie for just $35. You’ll find hot deals like that in the store and online with more options then you’ll know what to do with!
2. Check out Macy’s this weekend where they have handbags on sale for prices as low as…wait for it… $12.99!!! and NO that’s not a typo! My favorite under fifty is the Rock N’ Roll Shoulder Bag by Jessica Simpson that you can get right now for just $38.99.
3. Stop in Bath and Body Works where you can pick up some sweet smelling gift sets for her. Prices start as low as $10! Nose around her vanity a little to find her favorite scent or try one of their latest signature fragrances P.S. I Love You. A romantic aroma that every girl would love, P.S. I Love You is sprinkled with the scents of a sparkling Riesling, golden amber, hypnotic incense and rose petals. The best part? Right now you can grab a box set for only $35 that includes a 10oz bottle of shower gel, an 8oz bottle of lotion, an 8oz mist, Black Cherry Lip Gloss, and a photo frame/chalkboard keepsake box that holds this perfect gift.
4. If you really want to put a smile on her face, drop into Kay Jewelers and pick up a little frosting for her neck. While you are sure to find several styles of pendants and chains to fit your someone special, my top to picks are the Sterling Silver White Topaz Heart & Key Necklace that’s just $39.99 right now, and the Open Hearts by Jane Seymour Necklace that’s only $49.99.
5. Do you have your self a lady that appreciates the finer things….you know, the things you can’t really afford to buy her? Stop in Coach and pick out a little something that will impress her and avoid an overdraft on your bank account. You could grab a little wristlet for as low as $48. I like the New Madison Floral Print Wristlet, perfect for an ID and lip balm when the two of you go out dancing or if she’s having a night out with the girls.
6. What are the only things your babe loves more then you? Yes, SHOES! Check out the sales rack at Bakers where you can grab some cute ballerina flats for as little as 10 bucks! Or you can grab a sexy pump for as little as $39.99; or perhaps she would like a hot pair of boots? Pick up something to get her through the last 6 weeks of winter for as low as $39.90…or, well, perhaps you should just stop in and take a look yourself. I can go on all day about shoes!
7. Give her something to do while you’re at work or hanging with the guys. You can pick up a novel by her favorite author at Barnes & Nobel for varying prices that are well under our $50 budget. If she’s a tech geek, upload some e-books for her for as little as $9.99 and under per title on over 1 million titles.
8. If she’s more into watching then reading you can get some super lovey-dovey chick flicks also at Barnes & Nobel. You can pick up the modern classic Love Actually for $8.09 or The Ugly Truth starring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler for only $24.78 as well as hundreds of other titles for costs that fall in between.
9. Give her something to help calm her down after a long day of work from C.O. Bigelow. A relaxing lavender candle will do the trick without breaking the bank. Grab one for only $19.50. Feeling frisky? Pick up two. Pair the relaxing lavender with the romantic musk and see where the evening takes you.
10. If all else fails…kick it old school with a box of chocolates. To avoid looking cheap and/or lazy, pick up a box of premium chocolates from Harry & David. You can get a Valentine Tower of Treats for only $39.95 that includes two kinds of Chocolate Moose Munch® Confection, Shortbread Cookies, Valentine Candies, Mint Chocolates and Bing Cherry Chocolates. Or you can get a smaller box of chocolates and a bouquet of roses for just $49.95 with the Sweethearts Roses and Sweets—Flowers and Chocolates gift set.
1. Our boys and their toys. Electronics are always a no fail. Right now you can get a Polaroid 3.1 Megapixel Digital Camera from Best Buy for only $42.99!
2. Give your man something to cuddle up with when you’re not around by getting him a nice-n-cuddly teddy from Build A Bear. Prices start at just $22.
3. Keep him soft to the touch by stopping in C.O. Bigelow and picking up some items from the C.O. Bigelow Derma Remedy Collection. These items are made to increase moisture in extremely dry skin due to cold weather and reduce itchiness to improve his skins overall health. Grab a 1.7oz bottle of Chapped Hands Remedy for only $14, a 6.7oz bottle of Intense Dry Skin Therapy Body Wash for $16, a 6.7oz bottle of Intense Dry Skin Therapy Body Lotion for $18, or 6.7oz jar of Chapped Hands Cleanser for only $12; or make it a set and pair up a few of the items for him. His hands will thank you for it!
4. If your man is anything like mine and is all tied out with no where to put them, he could use this Automatic Tie Rack from Brookstone that’s only $39.95. Give the gift that keeps on giving to the both of you…organization! This tie rack gives him a place to hang his belts and ties while giving you more space in the closet.
5. Does your man go Buckeye Nuts like most of the men around here?! Drop by the Buckeye Corner and get him an OSU gift set. Take a look at the Fuzzy Dice Auto Set that includes a 16oz Commuter Mug, a Buckeye Jersey Car Freshener, and OSU Auto Magnet, a Key Ring, Scarlet and Grey Fuzzy Dice, and individually wrapped mint candies for only $42.95. With gift sets that start as low as $16.95, you’ll have many options to choose from.
6. Keep your man warm for the rest of the winter by picking up some super soft and warm sweaters from Macy’s. This weekend, rock your red and earn an extra 20% off in support of the Go Red Campaign (or you can donate $2 and get the same sweet deal). Right now Macy’s has Alfanie sweaters from only $20 and many other brands on sale with prices starting at just $8.99!
7. If you can’t find the perfect sweater in Macy’s, scoot over to the watch counter and ask about their bargains under $50. You can get a Tommy Hilfiger Watch with a black leather strap for only $39.99, perfect for all occasions.
8. Make your man feel like a man by getting him a box of fine cigars from Tinder Box Tobacco & Gifts. Pick up a sampler for under $50. You can choose from the La Princesa de Cuba Sampler for only $49.95 or the Cocinero Liga Especial Sampler for just $39.95.
9. Go by Victoria’s Secret and pick up a little something that will please him and make you the envy of every chick you two walk past. A 3.4oz bottle of Very Sexy Cologne Spray is just $49. Don’t mind exceeding the budget a tad? You can get the gift set that includes a 1.7oz bottle of spray, a 1.7oz bottle of aftershave and a 1.7oz bottle of body wash for just 4 bucks more.
10. If you’ve tried all this and still nothing pleases you, give him the one thing that he’ll always want…you! Right now you can get a digital picture frame from Target for as low as $34.99. Load it up with pictures of the two of you together (or cute snap shots of you solo) and give him a reason to smile everyday at work.
While bargain shopping, there are always a few things to keep in mind:
• Know what you’re going for, get it, and leave. I highly recommend browsing on the internet before you hit the stores, that way you are more focused and less likely to pick up random things.
• Understand that you are shopping for someone else (especially for my ladies)! He won’t be getting anything from Arden B., NY & Company or Bakers so there is NO reason for you to stop in there!
• And lastly, stick to your budget. While you may see some things that appear to be a better value for your money, if you can’t afford it, then it’s not a better deal for you. Say fifty and mean fifty, or forty, or even five hundred, but make sure what ever you say, you stick to!
All of the stores above are located at Easton Town Center or in the Easton Area. Visit www.eastontowncenter.com for a complete listing of Easton area stores. You’ll be able to visit merchant websites and take a peek at what they have to offer before you head out.
Happy shopping and Happy, Happy Valentine’s Day!