It is always important to eat healthy and exercise, but with bikini season right around the corner everyone is motivated to lose weight. Here are 10 great tips to keep you healthy, and help you to lose weight...
1. Avoid eating late at night because the body stores more food during sleep.
2. Abandon refined or processed foods, examples; pre-packaged, plastic wrapped foods, microwave in a bag or tray, boil in a bag, chemicals, food additives, coloring agents, dyes, nitrates, maturing agents, bleaching agents, artificial sweeteners.
3. Drink 8 glasses of water daily.
4. Avoid margarine, full-fat milk, cheese (or eat at minimum), red meat, pork, anything with the word hydrogenated (Trans fat).
5. Try to avoid sugar the best you can. Use a natural sweetener such as Stevia, honey, or Agave nectar. These sweeteners don't cause your blood sugar levels to go out of whack like table sugar does. For a sweet craving try strawberries, blueberries, or a small piece of dark chocolate.
6. Jump-start your metabolism by eating breakfast. Start the day off with a warm cup of herbal tea, glass of water, piece of fruit, and a bowl of whole grain cereal. You'll be hungry in about 2 hours, and that is a good thing! By eating many small meals through out the day you are constantly feeding your body energy, which is what it needs to burn calories and fat.
7. Eat good fats. Good fats include; walnuts, almonds, pecans, avocados, flax seed, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, fish, fish oil, olive oil, and canola oil. These good fats keep your metabolism up to speed, and actually help you lose weight. They are also essential for healthy skin, and cushion the organs.
8. Aduki beans are known as the weight loss bean. The high levels of fiber, vitamin B, and zinc act as a naturally diuretic. It helps to relieve the body of excess fluids, mucus, balances the metabolism, and burns fat.
9. Exercise at least 5 days a week, and include both aerobic and resistance training. Aerobic training burns calories and helps the production of the heart, and the resistance training program I have provided is designed to tighten and tone the body with out creating bulk.
10. Use the stress management program because stress prevents us from losing weight.