Do you believe that GOD wants us to have churches on every corner, but still yet have neighborhoods and communities who are broken, lost and unsaved? Of course not! Jesus said HE would make us “fishers of men.” We are called to be witnesses; ambassadors; light; as well as the salt of the earth. “Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.” (Luke 10:2)
GOD is calling the church to come out of the building. There are souls waiting to hear the Gospel; there are people dying and going to hell, while the church is having another program. There are no excuses. No matter what size your ministry may be…. you can reach out, effectively to the community around you.
Here are ten simple and effective steps to having street outreach:
1) Seek donations from people in your church; family; friends and neighbors. Clothes that are clean, and in good condition.
2) Buy some hot dogs and buns (along with condiments), and chips
3) Pull out a small grill
4) Collect any trial size toiletries (ie. toothpaste, deodorants, soaps, etc )
5) Make signs to hang outside, offering prayer
6) Set out praise music, or have a praise group singing on the street
7) Organize a small group of people to grill, pray, assist with clothes, and hygiene item distribution
8) Bring out tables, and put out folded clothes (separated by men, women and children)
9) Grill hot dogs
10) As people come past in cars or walking; invite them to come over for prayer; and free clothes and food…during this time you can minister to them; introducing them to CHRIST, and building relationships with people outside of your church building.
You can record their name; address/phone number, if you would like to follow up.
“ For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.” (Matthew 25:35-36)
There are people outside of your church, waiting for someone to come out, and love them enough to minister GOD’S WORD to them…as well as sharing the love of CHRIST.
How can you be a ‘fisher of men,’ if you stay in the aquarium? Go out into the highways and hedges. Yes, do the work of an evangelist! Someone’s life is dependent on it!
Connect with me on Facebook at Pastor Toni-Brooke Brown; on Twitter at RevToniBrown; on Instagram at PastorToniBrown
Join us, for morning prayer, daily from 6-6:30am (EST). Call 218 862-1416 (8771# code)