January 2, 2014
As the snow begins to fall, many hear the slopes calling! Why spend extra time on the road getting there that you could spend putting in a few more runs? Here is a list of ten ski areas within driving distance from Boston.
- Blue Hills - 17 miles away. Canton, MA. 60 acres of skiable terrain, 12 trails. Evening skiing and lessons available. Single-day lift tickets are $25. Children under 3 ski free.
- Bradford- 37 miles away. Bradford, MA. 13 trails and 7 lifts. Single-day lift tickets are $37, or $25 just for the designated learning area for beginners. Night skiing also available.
- Nashoba Valley- 40 miles away. Westford, MA. 17 trails. Single-day lift tickets are $50 for adults. Nashoba also has a terrain park and tubing.
- Wachusett Mountain- 66 miles away. Princeton, MA. 23 trails as well as 2 freestyle terrain areas. Adult lift tickets are $60 for a full day. MBTA provides transportation to Wachusett Mountain on the weekends.
- Crotched Mountain- 73 miles away. Bennington, NH. 25 trails, 100 acres of skiiable terrain. On Fridays and Saturdays the mountain stays open until 3 am for night skiing.
- Pat's Peak- 80 miles away. Henniker, NH. 26 trails and 8 gladed areas. 100% of the mountain has snowmaking througout the season. Adult lift tickets are $62 for a full day.
- Mount Sunapee- 97.5 miles away. Newbury, NH. 60 trails. Lift tickets for a full day are between $72-$76, dictated by peak day prices, weekends, etc. Sunapee also hosts NASTAR ski racing.
- Ragged Mountain- 98 miles away. Danbury, NH. 55 trails, 3 terrain parks, and a tubing park. Adults can ski a full day for $67 during the week and $73 during the weekend.
- Gunstock- 101 miles away. Gilford, NH. 51 trails. Full day lift tickets are $75 on the weekends and $65 during the week. Lift tickets are available for pre-purchase online. Skiers at Gunstock can get a bird’s-eye view of nearby Lake Winnipesaukee.
- Blandford- 108 miles away. Blandford, MA. 22 trails. Lift tickets for a full day are $47 on the weekends, $25 during the week for adults. Blandford remains the oldest operating, club-owned ski area in North America.