Frustrated about the current condition of your home? You are not alone. Check out the results of a Parenting Magazine Survey (Parenting May 2013):
- 1 in 5 moms says her house looks like a tornado just went through it
- 16% say they spend at least an hour a week hunting for misplaced items (library books, keys, toys, etc)
- 53% of moms would rather be super-organized and a little stressed posed to 47% who preferred to be relaxed and disorganized
- 26% say they cannot get organized enough to organize what they need to organize
Barbara Myers at I Need More Time defines what a organized home looks like:
- Lack of clutter because everything has a place.
- Fridge, freezer and pantry are stocked and organized. Menu planned for the week. Grocery list being created through the week for items needed.
- Clean laundry is put away. Dirty laundry is in hampers.
- Family calendar is updated and looked at daily.
- Chore list posted where everyone can see it.
- Key rack, shoe rack and coat hangers near the door.
- Toys are categorized into containers.
- Portable file box into which bills and paperwork are organized.
- Home appears adequately clean - family has a daily system for picking clutter and a weekly system for cleaning the house.
- Family members have time for one another because their home is organized.
Heaven on earth. Right? But now you are probably wondering, how can I do that? Please place your suggestion below in the comments section.
Please subscribe to Twin Falls Motherhood Examiner at the link above, this free subscription will ensure you will receive an email each time I post. With great articles coming in Mom - Me Time, Infants, Toddlers & Teens oh my!, Fabulous Housewives of Twin Falls, Thrifty Shopping & more, Family Times, Simple& Scrumptious in the Kitchen and On my Soapbox.
Find me on Facebook and "Like" Twin Falls Motherhood Examiner