Rebuilding New Orleans One Sporting Event at a Time
Since 2005, sporting events have served as a major catalyst in the recovery of New Orleans during the City’s rebuilding process.
• The reopening of the Superdome in 2006, when the Saints beat the Falcons on Monday Night Football, was a major milestone in the rebuilding of the city.
• When New Orleans hosts the Super Bowl in 2013, it will mark the finale of an unprecedented series of sporting events in the Crescent City.
• All together, the sporting events held in New Orleans since 2005 have had an economic impact well in excess of $1 billion for the city.
• Between December 18, 2011 and January 9, 2012, New Orleans hosted nine major sporting events; namely two college bowls, a Monday Night Football game (Saints vs. Falcons), A Wild Card Playoff game (Saints vs. Lions), four Hornets games and the BCS National Championship.
1. Highlights of the Host City: On Sunday February 3, 2013 the City of New Orleans will host Super Bowl XLVII at 6:30 pm on CBS– Mercedes Benz Super Dome (73,000)
New Orleans has the honors of hosting the Super Bowl event for the tenth year. This year events also coincide with the 2013 Mardi Gras Season.
2. Favorite Football Team: The National Football League: American Football Conference AFC: Baltimore Ravens - 13-6 and National Football Conference NFC: San Francisco 49ers (13-4-1). The winner receives the National Football League’s (NFL) Vince Lombardi Trophy, made by high end jeweler Tiffany & Co. and stands 21 inches (53
centimetrics) tall and weighs 107 ounces (3 kilograms).
3. Favorite Football Coaches: Brothers: John Harbaugh: Head Coach in Baltimore Ravens history on January 19, 2008. Jim Harbaugh was named 18th head coach in 49ers history on January 7, 2011.
4. Favorite Football Players: The Harbaugh brothers have coach great men of the NFL, Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers to Super Bowl XLVII.
5. Cheerleaders: Super Bowl XLVII means Battles of the Cheerleaders. If being a NFL cheerleader is your dream, your chance to follow that dream comes each spring in all NFL cities. Organizations offers prep clinics usually a month in advance of the audition date. They audition, learned professional choreographer routines in front of panel of judges on dance ability, crowd appeal, and showmanship.
6. Sports Fan: The sports fan is often called a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something.They will travel all over the world to this sporting event, host a Super Bowl party, watch on television or tailgate with a cookout feast in the parking lot at the football stadium. They are committed and loyal to the game, players, and NFL. According to a survey by the Retail Advertising and Marketing Association the average game watcher will spend $68.54 on New TV's for viewing parties, snacks, decor, and atheltic apparel.
7. Super Bowl Party: Super Bowl Sunday is the second largest day for consumption of food & drink, behind Thanksgiving. Pizza, chips, dips, and chicken wings are the preferred choice of food to each during Super Bowl XLVII. According to the National Chicken Council’s 2013 Wing report, consumers are expected to consume 1.23 billion wings this weekend.
8. Pre-Game/ National Anthem/Half Time Show: Super Bowl XLVII pre-game opening entertainment will be Jennifer Hudson and Sandy Hooks Elementary School performing "America The Beautiful" and The National Anthem will be sung by Alicia Keys while Beyonce will headline the halftime show.
9. News/Lifestyle/Sports Commentators: Reporting all highlights of the sporting event from Celebrity, Special Events in the Host City to Play by Play on the football field.
10. Advertising Commercials: CBS ad inventory for the event priced averaging between $3.7 million and $3.8 million. Our consumer behavior wait all year for the most creative ads in the world to catch out attention with that "WOW" moment. Marketing professors teach marketing and advertising from Super Bowl commericals. In the world of Marketing, its like going to the Oscars.
If you like to contact Sonya Young, she can be reached at email@example.com.Please follow her on twitter at soyoungco.