Even as a well seasoned fitness trainer, I still have days that I am not actually running to get my workout in. I know all the facts of why I should do it, but life sometimes wants to get in my way. I have a list that helps motivate me to just get my workout in. Quite simply, these are 10 reasons why skipping a workout does not make sense.
Exercise is the answer because:
1. I promised myself to do it.
2. Being fit feels good and makes everything just a bit better.
3. It's the best way to spend some time on just me.
4. It's my number one method to de-stress.
5. It's a lot less expensive than therapy.
6. It helps to keep healthcare costs down.
7. It's a great way to spend some time outdoors.
8. Exercise increases my metabolism.
9. Cutting calories only works to a certain point.
10. Not doing my workout just does not work out for me.
I accept that there will be times when I would rather be doing something else other than exercising. That's fine, but I will still do my exercise. I tell myself to be stronger than that voice that says I have to take care of other things, (which end up just being excuses for not doing my workout). To be sure, the only workouts I have ever regretted are the ones I did not do.