Hey! Read all the way to the bottom for a pleasant surprise.
If red peppers could talk I think they would say something like "Don't hate me because I'm so beautiful and so good for you."
Red peppers really are the wowsa va va vavoom of vegetables.
They are easy, beautiful and can be used in more ways than we have time to sit here and talk about.
Here are some things they bring you besides just being delicious:
- Bell peppers are a source of over 30 different members of the carotenoid nutrient family (alpha-carotene /
beta-carotene / cryptoxanthin / lutein / zeaxanthin)
- Contain 300% of your daily vitamin C intake
- Help you absorb iron better
- Are high in B6 and Magnesium which in combination have shown to decrease anxiety
- Are a sassy super food packed with antioxidants & cancer fighters
- Contains capsaicin,which increases your metabolic rate. Thigh shrinker, love that.
- Has vitamin A which promotes good night vision.
- Rich in vitamin K which makes your bones stronger & prevents post menopausal bone loss
- Help prevent & reduce inflammation
- Make you smarter with their notable levels of pyridoxine (vitamin B6), which plays an important role in brain function.
Here's a really smart idea: SUBSCRIBE & SHARE!
Also please check out my Ring My Bell Red Pepper Soup recipe for an easy and tasty nutritional boost that won't break your budget.
“If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak,
return to yourself, to who you are, here and now
and when you get there,
you will discover yourself,
like a lotus flower in full bloom,
even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.”
― Masaru Emoto, The Secret Life of Water