Cleveland’s performing arts party truly shined this year, as the campus of Cleveland Public Theatre (CPT) once again partied it up with their annual benefit, Pandemonium (Pan). Check out the video montage by clicking HERE!
Here are ten random things that were awesome about Pan in 2013.
• Nick Catanzarite – This year’s honoree was gracious, humble and engaging. The community is truly a more rich environment for his continued contributions to our city.
• Glitter – It was everywhere. Absolutely everywhere.
• Meatballs – Kudos to Light Bistro for the most amazing meatballs in the world! Tender, juicy, spicy, ridiculous.
• Saran Wrap – Who flourishes the mirror ball with plastic? CPT – and it was cool.
• Cardboard – The church’s entire stage installation this year was made completely of re-purposed cardboard. Props to Aaron Benson for his ingenious use of something old to make something new.
• Magic Hat Beer – Just because.
• Roving performers – They weren’t just on stages! Performers roamed through the crowds engaging the audience all over the campus throughout the event.
• Random dance mobs – They weren’t really flash mobs, but there were plenty of large groups of people randomly busting loose all over the place.
• The performances – Opera, dance, theatre, bands, improv, culinary wizardry and more were all worth the trip.
Looking forward to next year, CPT!
Do you have a Cleveland performing arts related story? Contact Kate Miller at KateMillerExaminer@yahoo.com.