February 28, 2014
Rain rain go away the kids really want to play. Are you in need of an indoor destination to take the kids to play ? Here are 10 indoor locations you can visit for some family fun.
- 02B Kids is great for kids to get some wiggles out. 02B has both indoor and outdoor play structures and many kid friendly events. No worries if you are not a member you can still go and play for a small fee.
- Jacksonville Indoor Ice and Sportsplex offers some cool indoor family fun. This place has it all. Check out their calendar of events, learn to skate, check out some hockey or even learn to play. (March 1st kids ages 4-9 can try hockey for Free)Lots of family fun to be found here .
- Museum of Science and History (MOSH) has all kinds of indoor exhibits, an indoor kids play area, the planetarium . On Fridays you can enjoy the Cosmic concert light shows at the planetarium on the hour (7,8,9, and 10). It is also $5 Fridays .
- Chuck E Cheese - There are arcade games and pizza. Try to snag an online coupon or two because tokens and pizza do add up.
- Dave and Busters is a Restaurant Bar and Arcade . For budget friendlier options check out the online promos and get a feel for what deals you’d like to use before hand. Then stick to the plan.
- Hands on Children’s Museum - the Hands on Children’s museum has 20 exhibits for imaginative exploratory play.
- Adventure Landing is another indoor arcade option.
- If you have a pirate lover you might want to spend a rainy afternoon exploring the St.Augustine Pirates and Treasure Museum.
- Jump Zone- get ready to have a bouncing good time at Jump Zone in Orange Park. There is a food bar here so if you're ready to eat you certainly may do so. Jump Zone is home to tons and tons of huge inflatables for your children to bounce and slide on. A great place to get outdoor type exercise indoor. The kids run, bounce, climb and play here. Jump Zone has recently expanded to include an arcade.
- Avenues Mall - Head to the Avenues where the kids can visit Build a Bear if you're willing to part with some cash they can make a stuffed friend to take home. There is the newly refurbished play area for them to romp around and get out some energy as well. Don’t forget to catch the train and ride around the mall for some additional fun.