The world of historical fiction features great authors and great bloggers and book reviewers who help promote the wonderful novels written by these fantastic historical fiction writers. These bloggers and reviewers have a passion for historical fiction and are proud to promote the works they read and enjoy. Stephanie Moore Hopkins of Layered Pages and BRAGMedallion answers 10 questions about the genre she so loves.
1. What was the first historical fiction novel you ever read?
Good question. I believe it was, “I, Elizabeth by Rosalind Miles, ”
2. What are your favorite historical fiction novels?
There are so many. But to name just a few they are: "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, "The Crown" by Nancy Bilyeau ,"Juliet" by Anne Fortier, "The Sunne In Splendour" by Sharon Kay Penman, "Sons of The Wolf" by Paula Lofting, "Four Sisters, All Queens" by Sherry Jones and "The Forever Queen" by Helen Hollick.
3. Who are some historical fiction authors you have interviewed or worked with?
Nancy Bilyeau, Helen Hollick, Paula Lofting, David Pilling, Patricia Bracewell. J.D.R. Hawkins, Sophie Perinot, Sarah Bower, Christy English, Ellen Marie Wiseman, Susan Higginbotham, Sherry Jones, Juliet Grey, Sandra Byrd, Cynthia Haggard, and many others.
4. If you could go back in time and be any figure from history, who would it be?
Eleanor of Aquitaine
5. What year in history would you have liked to live in?
England 1236 AD
6. You're having a dinner party and you can invite 5 people from history, who would they be?
King Louis IX of France, Blanche of Castile, Emma of Normandy, Eleanor of Aquitaine and Harold Godwinson.
7. What castle from the past or present would you like to live in?
Whitehall Castle in England
8. Which of the six wives of King Henry VIII is your favorite?
9. Do you read traditional books or use an E-Reader?
I read from both. But I prefer traditional.
10. Tea or coffee when reading and reviewing books?
I’m partial to tea.