The world of historical fiction features great authors and great bloggers and book reviewers who help promote the wonderful novels written by these fantastic historical fiction writers. These bloggers and reviewers have a passion for historical fiction and are proud to promote the works they read and enjoy. Kelsey Opsahl from Kelsey's Book Corner answers 10 questions about the genre she so loves.
1. What was the first historical fiction novel you ever read?
I know it was a Philippa Gregory book and I think it was "The Other Boleyn Girl" which began my obsession with the Tudor era.
2. What are your favorite historical fiction novels?
"The Tudor Court" novels by Philippa Gregory have been my favorite over the years.
3. Who are some historical fiction authors you have interviewed or worked with?
The great thing about running a blog has been working with some fantastic authors. I never dreamed I would be interviewing or hosting guest posts by them. A few authors that I have interviewed/featured are D.L. Bogdan, Michelle Diener, Mitchell James Kaplan, and Brandy Purdy.
4. If you could go back in time and be any figure from history, who would it be?
Anne Boleyn. I have always been struck how everyone had a different take on her and I would really love to know what was going through her mind as she plotted to steal Henry VIII and the crown away from Catherine of Aragon.
5. What year in history would you have liked to live in?
Definitely the 1500’s. Once again it is my fascination with the Tudor era.
6. You're having a dinner party and you can invite 5 people from history, who would they be?
Anne Boleyn, King Henry VIII, Catherine of Aragon, Elizabeth I, Jane Seymour. Now wouldn’t that be an interesting dinner party!
7. What castle from the past or present would you like to live in?
Surprise! It would be the Hever Castle which was Anne Boleyn’s childhood home.
8. Which of the six wives of King Henry VIII is your favorite?
Well I guess this is going to be obvious and everyone is going to pick up on my obsession with Anne Boleyn.
9. Do you read traditional books or use an E-Reader?
I use both. I honestly prefer traditional but love the convenience of only carrying around my Kindle.
10. Tea or coffee when reading and reviewing books?
Coffee!! Everyone who knows me knows of my love of coffee.